Thread: Installation of Achiving and Discovery package

jmiles is offline Junior Member

Default Installation of Achiving and Discovery package

The release notes for 5.0.1 NE (http://files.zimbra.com/website/docs...se%20Notes.pdf) specify on pages 8-9 that the Archiving and Discovery package should not be installed during the upgrade to 5.0.1. When then should it be installed? I am licensed for A&D and had it working in 4.5. Are there instructions somewhere for installing and configuring this new package?

Thanks,
    Joel

brian is offline Project Contributor

If you previously installed A&D the upgrade will automatically install the new 5.0.x components for you. The release notes warning is just indicating that A&D requires additional licensing and if you have not already licensed it separately it may have a negative impact on your total licenses.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

How can I verify that it actually has been installed? I don't seem to have the cross-mailbox search Zimlet active on my Admin interface. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Joel

Code:
    rpm -q zimbra-archiving
    If its not installed rerun the ZCS installer and answer Y when prompted to install zimbra-archiving components.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    If its not installed rerun the ZCS installer and answer Y when prompted to install zimbra-archiving components.
    Will this require me to stop any services and/or will it overwrite any configuration information? In other words, is this akin to rerunning the entire upgrade script, or will it detect that everything is already up to date and simply skip over it.

My only intention in asking is to determine if I should wait until after hours to run it.

Thanks,
    Joel

This would be another upgrade, so all the usual things apply, schedule downtime, do backups etc etc.

Thread Information