Thread: 4.5.6 to 4.5.10 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC

clbutler is offline Junior Member

Default 4.5.6 to 4.5.10 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 PPC

I recently had a major power disaster at my installation and I am having to rebuild my Zimbra install. I have the complete 4.5.6 deployment backed up, but when I try to upgrade it to 4.5.10, the install app just seems to stop and the .install_history gives no indication that the program is doing anything. One of the reasons for upgrading was to reset file permissions as my backup did not preserve the previous permissions. The install does set the permissions, but that is as far as it seems to go. When I try to restart the old Zimbra system, I get prompted for passwords and none of the ones I used previously work. I have seen references to this problem on the forums, but it doesn't look like the solutions will work in this instance. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edit1: Once I turned my brain on, I realized I could run the zmsetup.pl as root and reconfigure the system. Alas, it is prompting for passwords and it does not accept the one entered originally nor the "zimbra" default.

Edit2: Ok, I have reworked the system until I am getting java errors when I run the zmsetup.pl Specifically, I get:

Setting defaults from ldap...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)

Edit3: It is fixed. I had to set all the permissions to zimbra, make sure all the config files were in their proper places and cuss alot. In the end, I made so many changes, I'm not sure which one worked.

I have resloved the password issue and now am getting this. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Last edited by clbutler; 01-22-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: It is Fixed.

Thread Information