Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fedora 8 install

BarBaar is offline Active Member

Well, in that case..

Why can I install 5.01 and not 5.02? 5.01 is running on the exact same system..

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by BarBaar View Post
    Well, in that case..

Why can I install 5.01 and not 5.02? 5.01 is running on the exact same system..
    Well, there were additional fixes to issues with OpenLDAP between 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, IIRC. So maybe one of those makes the bug in Xen more apparent.

Other changes to the install process touched zmldapapplyldif, and what it does on a replica vs a master, but those mainly were upgrade bits, not fresh install bits.

--Quanah
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

masionas is offline Junior Member

Quanah,

Maybe, you have any information which Zimbra's release will start to support Fedora Core 8? Thanks.

quanah is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by masionas View Post
    Quanah,

Maybe, you have any information which Zimbra's release will start to support Fedora Core 8? Thanks.
    Well, I suggest filing a bug for it, and then asking people to vote on it.

--Quanah
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

meralias is offline Junior Member

I decided to try installing Zimbra 5.0.2 (OSS) on a new install of Fedora 8 and was getting the same LDAP error - this was a simple x86 server with no virtualization. I've managed to get it up and running, although theres still some minor things I want to get fixed.

First off, for diagnosing the LDAP issue, I added an entry in the /etc/rsyslog.conf file to catch all messages sent to LOCAL0 (the syslog facility that LDAP was using). I then tried installing Zimbra, and the ldap log showed a TLS error. Looking further, I found that SSL certs weren't being created. zmcertmgr does a platform check initially when it is called, and will simply exit if its an unsupported platform.

One workaround would be to patch /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh to recognise F8. I didn't want to try and change the file whilst zmsetup.pl was running, so I just editted my /etc/redhat-release file and changed the 8 to a 7. Zimbra then installed with only one minor issue noticed so far - it wants to update the syslog.conf file then restart syslogd, however F8 uses rsyslog. It should be easy to patch, however.

Otherwise everything else looks good and I'm logged into my test Zimbra installation. I've not had a chance to run any more tests yet, but at least everything looks positive.

BarBaar is offline Active Member

What did you do to work around the ldap-problem?

hi Meralias,

I just tried it. Yep it did the trick. Changed /etc/redhat-release to read 7 instead of 8 and it passed through. Thank you very much.. Though it still issued a warning about syslog, but at least installed.

Quote Originally Posted by meralias View Post
    I decided to try installing Zimbra 5.0.2 (OSS) on a new install of Fedora 8 and was getting the same LDAP error - this was a simple x86 server with no virtualization. I've managed to get it up and running, although theres still some minor things I want to get fixed.

First off, for diagnosing the LDAP issue, I added an entry in the /etc/rsyslog.conf file to catch all messages sent to LOCAL0 (the syslog facility that LDAP was using). I then tried installing Zimbra, and the ldap log showed a TLS error. Looking further, I found that SSL certs weren't being created. zmcertmgr does a platform check initially when it is called, and will simply exit if its an unsupported platform.

One workaround would be to patch /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh to recognise F8. I didn't want to try and change the file whilst zmsetup.pl was running, so I just editted my /etc/redhat-release file and changed the 8 to a 7. Zimbra then installed with only one minor issue noticed so far - it wants to update the syslog.conf file then restart syslogd, however F8 uses rsyslog. It should be easy to patch, however.

Otherwise everything else looks good and I'm logged into my test Zimbra installation. I've not had a chance to run any more tests yet, but at least everything looks positive.

Change the /etc/redhat-release from 8 to 7 - that will allow zmcertmgr to create the CA and SSL certs and LDAP is then able to start correctly

For the syslog error: you should now have a file called /etc/syslog.conf which contains 3 lines. Simply add those three lines into your /etc/rsyslog.conf and run 'service rsyslog restart' as root. That will ensure logging to /var/log/zimbra.log is working.

If you are using zimbra-spell and it won't start, make sure you have compat-expat1 installed as it has a dependancy on /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0

Quote Originally Posted by meralias View Post
    For the syslog error: you should now have a file called /etc/syslog.conf which contains 3 lines. Simply add those three lines into your /etc/rsyslog.conf and run 'service rsyslog restart' as root. That will ensure logging to /var/log/zimbra.log is working.

If you are using zimbra-spell and it won't start, make sure you have compat-expat1 installed as it has a dependancy on /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
    Fixed syslog. Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information