Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Fedora 8 install

  1. #21
    BarBaar is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well, in that case..

    Why can I install 5.01 and not 5.02? 5.01 is running on the exact same system..

  2. #22
    quanah is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarBaar View Post
    Well, in that case..

    Why can I install 5.01 and not 5.02? 5.01 is running on the exact same system..
    Well, there were additional fixes to issues with OpenLDAP between 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, IIRC. So maybe one of those makes the bug in Xen more apparent.

    Other changes to the install process touched zmldapapplyldif, and what it does on a replica vs a master, but those mainly were upgrade bits, not fresh install bits.

    --Quanah
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  3. #23
    masionas is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quanah,

    Maybe, you have any information which Zimbra's release will start to support Fedora Core 8? Thanks.

  4. #24
    quanah is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Zimbra
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masionas View Post
    Quanah,

    Maybe, you have any information which Zimbra's release will start to support Fedora Core 8? Thanks.
    Well, I suggest filing a bug for it, and then asking people to vote on it.

    --Quanah
    Quanah Gibson-Mount
    Server Architect
    Zimbra, Inc
    --------------------
    Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

  5. #25
    meralias is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I decided to try installing Zimbra 5.0.2 (OSS) on a new install of Fedora 8 and was getting the same LDAP error - this was a simple x86 server with no virtualization. I've managed to get it up and running, although theres still some minor things I want to get fixed.

    First off, for diagnosing the LDAP issue, I added an entry in the /etc/rsyslog.conf file to catch all messages sent to LOCAL0 (the syslog facility that LDAP was using). I then tried installing Zimbra, and the ldap log showed a TLS error. Looking further, I found that SSL certs weren't being created. zmcertmgr does a platform check initially when it is called, and will simply exit if its an unsupported platform.

    One workaround would be to patch /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh to recognise F8. I didn't want to try and change the file whilst zmsetup.pl was running, so I just editted my /etc/redhat-release file and changed the 8 to a 7. Zimbra then installed with only one minor issue noticed so far - it wants to update the syslog.conf file then restart syslogd, however F8 uses rsyslog. It should be easy to patch, however.

    Otherwise everything else looks good and I'm logged into my test Zimbra installation. I've not had a chance to run any more tests yet, but at least everything looks positive.

  6. #26
    BarBaar is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What did you do to work around the ldap-problem?

  7. #27
    masionas is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    hi Meralias,

    I just tried it. Yep it did the trick. Changed /etc/redhat-release to read 7 instead of 8 and it passed through. Thank you very much.. Though it still issued a warning about syslog, but at least installed.

    Quote Originally Posted by meralias View Post
    I decided to try installing Zimbra 5.0.2 (OSS) on a new install of Fedora 8 and was getting the same LDAP error - this was a simple x86 server with no virtualization. I've managed to get it up and running, although theres still some minor things I want to get fixed.

    First off, for diagnosing the LDAP issue, I added an entry in the /etc/rsyslog.conf file to catch all messages sent to LOCAL0 (the syslog facility that LDAP was using). I then tried installing Zimbra, and the ldap log showed a TLS error. Looking further, I found that SSL certs weren't being created. zmcertmgr does a platform check initially when it is called, and will simply exit if its an unsupported platform.

    One workaround would be to patch /opt/zimbra/libexec/get_plat_tag.sh to recognise F8. I didn't want to try and change the file whilst zmsetup.pl was running, so I just editted my /etc/redhat-release file and changed the 8 to a 7. Zimbra then installed with only one minor issue noticed so far - it wants to update the syslog.conf file then restart syslogd, however F8 uses rsyslog. It should be easy to patch, however.

    Otherwise everything else looks good and I'm logged into my test Zimbra installation. I've not had a chance to run any more tests yet, but at least everything looks positive.

  8. #28
    meralias is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Change the /etc/redhat-release from 8 to 7 - that will allow zmcertmgr to create the CA and SSL certs and LDAP is then able to start correctly

  9. #29
    meralias is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    For the syslog error: you should now have a file called /etc/syslog.conf which contains 3 lines. Simply add those three lines into your /etc/rsyslog.conf and run 'service rsyslog restart' as root. That will ensure logging to /var/log/zimbra.log is working.

    If you are using zimbra-spell and it won't start, make sure you have compat-expat1 installed as it has a dependancy on /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0

  10. #30
    masionas is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meralias View Post
    For the syslog error: you should now have a file called /etc/syslog.conf which contains 3 lines. Simply add those three lines into your /etc/rsyslog.conf and run 'service rsyslog restart' as root. That will ensure logging to /var/log/zimbra.log is working.

    If you are using zimbra-spell and it won't start, make sure you have compat-expat1 installed as it has a dependancy on /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
    Fixed syslog. Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
  2. Zimbra can't install on Fedora core 6 and FC 4
    By Grejao in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 07:19 AM
  3. broken install on fedora core 4??
    By rmvg in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM
  4. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
  5. more fedora install problems
    By jlynch3 in forum Installation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •