Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems after upgrading from 5.0RC1 to RC2

staufj22 Guest

Default Problems after upgrading from 5.0RC1 to RC2

Hi All,

I just upgraded my 5.0RC1 to RC2.

After the upgrade, when I try to login to the web client, I get "A network service error has occurred (zclient/io)." across the middle of the screen.

I looked in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log and here're some messages that may be of interest. These messages show when I first start Zimbra. Login attempts do not create more logs here.

007-11-22 05:03:07,255 WARN [main] [] log - Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@ee3aa7{/service,/opt/zimb
    ra/jetty-6.1.5/webapps/service}
    org.mortbay.util.MultiException[javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Data version mismatch. Reinitialize
    or upgrade the backend data store., javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Data version mismatch. Reiniti
    alize or upgrade the backend data store.]
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initializ e(ServletHandler.java:583)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Con text.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContex t(WebAppContext.java:1218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(C ontextHandler.java:500)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(Web AppContext.java:448)
    at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(Abst ractLifeCycle.java:40)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStar t(HandlerCollection.java:147)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:161)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStar t(HandlerCollection.java:147)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(H andlerWrapper.java:117)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(H andlerWrapper.java:117)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
    at org.mortbay.setuid.SetUIDServer.doStart(SetUIDServ er.java:100)

When I do a view source in the web client, I get this message
    Last edited by staufj22; 11-22-2007 at 12:22 PM.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Apart from the above message, do you get any other errors? Is zimbra sending and receiving mail as normal? Which operating system is this?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

staufj22 Guest

No other errors that I can see. I'm not too familiar with where all the logs are, so maybe you can point me to the right location?
    Also, I don't think it's sending/receiving mails. I get a ton of mail from mailq, and with the message
    mail transport unavailable
    Oh, and this is Debian 4.0

Which operating system?

Try the mailbox.log first and see if there's any errors in there. What does a 'zmcontrol status' show?
    Regards

Bill

staufj22 Guest

I'm running debian 4, uname shows

Linux enterprise 2.6.18-5-686 #1 SMP Wed Oct 3 00:12:50 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

zmcontrol status shows

antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running

on the mailbox.log, the interesting logs I see are
    2007-11-22 00:09:25,124 ERROR [main] [] Versions - DB Version Mismatch: ours="48" from DB="47"
    2007-11-22 00:09:25,125 FATAL [main] [] soap - Unable to start servlet
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Data version mismatch. Reinitialize or upgrade the backend data store.
    at com.zimbra.cs.util.Zimbra.startup(Zimbra.java:89)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.init(SoapServlet.java: 114)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:241)

Try this first, shutdown the server with 'zmcontrol stop' and run the command zmfixperms as root (you'll find it in the libexec directory). When you've done that restart the server with 'zmcontrol start', let me know what happens.

Is it possible for you to login to the admin UI? Which browser is this? Clear the browser cache and try again.
    Regards

Bill

staufj22 Guest

When I try to run zmfixperms, I get an error

enterprise:/opt/zimbra# cd libexec/
    enterprise:/opt/zimbra/libexec# ./zmfixperms
    find: /opt/zimbra/lib/ext-common: No such file or directory
    find: /opt/zimbra/lib/ext-common: No such file or directory
    enterprise:/opt/zimbra/libexec#

I can't get to the admin UI either, I don't get a login prompt, just a blank page. I've tried IE and Firefox, cleared all local cache.

Certainly the zmfixperms script should be in /opt/zimbra/libexec. Have you disabled the firewall on this box? Does debian have SElinux or anything similar (sorry, Im not too familiar with debian), disable it if it does.

Are you behind a NAT device? Is your hosts file and DNS A & MX records correct set-up? Try the following on the zimbra server:

Code:
    host `hostname`  <-- type as-is with backticks not single quotes
    dig yourdomain.com mx
    dig yourdomain.com any
    and post the results.

If all that looks OK, I'd take a backup of the /opt/zimbra directory with rsync and try the upgrade again. BTW, did you take a backup before the upgrade?
    Regards

Bill

staufj22 Guest

Yes, the zmfixperms script is there. I get the error when trying to run it. I'm thinking maybe it's requiring some package that I don't have, since this box is setup from a bare debian install.

Also, the dig for the mx records are kind of messed up, the setup I have right now is sort of weird, as I have my production mail server (not zimbra) in the front, and using the transport function to forward a couple of accounts to this test Zimbra server.

I do have a backup of the RC1 install, and I've just reverted back to it, everything came up okay. I do have a question tho, I had about 200 undelivered e-mail in the mailq from my RC2 install, how do I get those to be processed by my RC1 install? Where are those kept?

By the way, I tried to reinstall 3 times. I can post the install log if you want, but the only errors in there are
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke cannot determine soap protocol in reply:....

when it's trying to initialize documents.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information