Thread: Zimbra running but cant connect to Webinterfaces

maxigs is offline Member

Unhappy Zimbra running but cant connect to Webinterfaces

Hi,

after a struggling (not really problems with installing but stuff that keeps me away from it) day i finally made it to set up a installation of zimbra on my gentoo server.

for the first start after the installation everything went fine - except that i lost connection to the server (via ssh) so the start procedure might not have finshed completely.
    at that point i was also able to log in into the admin interface and also the user interface login box was showing up.

the status showed not all the services ware up (as expected) so i stopped it and started it new - everything went up - but i cannot log into the webinterfaces anymore.
    the browser keeps loading a bit and finally resignates.

following the netstat and ps aux outputs the services seem to run and the server is listening to the ports, so i'd expect it to work.

as i was in the admin interface the zimbra seemt to run smoothly (yet not fast). which also makes me wonder a bit, since my box has barely any load but starting up the zimbra (or before installing) takes ages (id stay starting zimbra is at least around 15min).

the system is installed on a gentoo via debootstrap into debian. no other services running that would cause problems and the system itself should be quite powerfull enought (dual-core and 3gb ram).

did i miss anything out about the speed?

and what could be the problem with not beeing able to connect?

Code:
    netstat -a
    tcp        0      0 *:imap                  *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:7071                  *:*                     LISTEN
    seems good?

edit:

been just taking a look into the tomcat access log, and it seems like the reqests from the browsers dont even hit the server

edit again:

and a couple more hours later i'm still not any smarter what the problem could be. restarting zimbra did not do the trick nor did only restarting the tomcat. and reading around in the forum only got me to one topic which was also still missing the solution.

i really hope someone has a little hint what it could be
    Last edited by maxigs; 11-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.

JoshuaPrismon is offline Zimlet Guru & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maxigs View Post
    Hi,

after a struggling (not really problems with installing but stuff that keeps me away from it) day i finally made it to set up a installation of zimbra on my gentoo server.

for the first start after the installation everything went fine - except that i lost connection to the server (via ssh) so the start procedure might not have finshed completely.
    at that point i was also able to log in into the admin interface and also the user interface login box was showing up.

the status showed not all the services ware up (as expected) so i stopped it and started it new - everything went up - but i cannot log into the webinterfaces anymore.
    the browser keeps loading a bit and finally resignates.

following the netstat and ps aux outputs the services seem to run and the server is listening to the ports, so i'd expect it to work.

as i was in the admin interface the zimbra seemt to run smoothly (yet not fast). which also makes me wonder a bit, since my box has barely any load but starting up the zimbra (or before installing) takes ages (id stay starting zimbra is at least around 15min).

the system is installed on a gentoo via debootstrap into debian. no other services running that would cause problems and the system itself should be quite powerfull enought (dual-core and 3gb ram).

did i miss anything out about the speed?

and what could be the problem with not beeing able to connect?

Code:
    netstat -a
    tcp        0      0 *:imap                  *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      
    tcp        0      0 *:7071                  *:*                     LISTEN
    seems good?

edit:

been just taking a look into the tomcat access log, and it seems like the reqests from the browsers dont even hit the server

edit again:

and a couple more hours later i'm still not any smarter what the problem could be. restarting zimbra did not do the trick nor did only restarting the tomcat. and reading around in the forum only got me to one topic which was also still missing the solution.

i really hope someone has a little hint what it could be
    Try telneting to the port from a outside IP address. Maybe there is a new firewal in Debian?

maxigs is offline Member

thanks for the reply

yet after some sleep the problem seemed less problematic :P

sice today the server is running fast as hell again (no idea why it was that damn slow with zimbra yesterday - did not change anything), i simply reinstalled it (just a matter of minutes today) and started.

little problem -> tomcat did not start -> easy sollution -> Tomcat - Zimbra :: Wiki

and now i'm back on the track

Thread Information