Thread: Unable to start Postfix & Mailbox + trouble on upgrade

tamilnandhu is offline Active Member

Question Unable to start Postfix & Mailbox + trouble on upgrade

Hi I installed the Zimbra - zcs-4.5.8_GA_1394.FC5 in Frdora Core5.
    When I start the Zimbra using 'zmcontrol start' and see the status using 'zmcontrol status', the mta is stopped and postfix is not running.

And I manually start the postfix as 'postfix start', It shows the error that, "postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/conf/main.cf"

And how i start the mta service.....?

Please help me if you knows...

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

It would help if you posted any erors you've got in the logs, the one you've posted isn't an error. Has this been running and if so, what's changed on your system?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Unhappy Warning, while Upgrading Zimbra..

Hi guys,

I installed Zimbra in FC5 and it was working well after installation.
    But when i reboot my machine, the mailboxd service is stopped automatically.

So I manually started zmmailboxdctl service. then, the mailboxd is in running state for few seconds. After that it goes to stopped state.

And i see the forums and i issued the command install.sh again and upgraded.

At that time, a warning shows that,
    Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.23966
    Checking ldap status
    Starting ldap
    WARNING: Unknown package installed for store.
    Checking ldap status
    WARNING: Unknown package installed for mailboxd.
    Setting defaults...Checking ldap status
    WARNING: Unknown package installed for mailboxd.
    done.

I dont know what to do..
    Please give me a solution.

mmorse is offline Moderator

Combined his two threads, because this would get confusing fast as to what he has done so far.

First what thread did you follow for the re-install advice? (Just so we're on the same page as to what you think is causing it.)
    Could you post that zmsetup.log.23966?
    And also see the list of logfiles: /docs/ne/latest/administration_guide/9_Monitoring.12.1.html#1075561

Hi,

I am now able to work with Zimbra.

Both Adminconsole and web interface are working.

Afetr posting those two threads only, I got solutions for them through other 'Zimbra Installation' forums.

I am really sorry that i have confused you and Thank you so much..

But now i am having another one issue.

I am unable to send and receive mails. I logged onto web interface 'http://my.domain.name.com/' and gave the 'admin@my.domain.name.com' and password . After getting into mailbox, i write a new mail to the admin mail id to test whether it works or not...

But I get the pop-up indicating 'Message Sent' but when i click 'get mail' no mail is in my mail inbox..

What would be the cause...? Whether have i to include any additional information..?

Please help me in this mial issue..

mmorse is offline Moderator

To start off, the /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log & /var/log/zimbra.log are going to be your best sources of information.

Incoming Mail Problems - Zimbra :: Wiki

Post mail sending problem

Hi i get the follwoing information through /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Code:
    2007-11-01 17:24:40,897 INFO  [btpool0-0] [ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zclient/5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5;] SoapEngine - handler exception: authentication failed for testing@sugarzimbra.com
    2007-11-01 17:24:51,173 INFO  [Timer-3] [] SessionCache - Removed 2 idle sessions (SOAP, ADMIN). 1 active sessions remain.
    2007-11-01 17:24:52,780 ERROR [btpool0-8] [] log - Nested in javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:990)
            at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java:202)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter$GZIPResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(GzipFilter.java:268)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter$GZIPResponseWrapper.sendError(GzipFilter.java:283)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:128)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:400)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
            at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.ImportSupport.acquireString(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.ImportSupport.doEndTag(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag._jspx_meth_c_import_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag:407)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag:154)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag._jspx_meth_app_head_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:367)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:324)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_app_view_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:1487)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_otherwise_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:1432)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_choose_1(org.apache.jsp.h.search:974)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp.h.search:187)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:477)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:371)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:312)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:176)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    2007-11-01 17:24:52,803 ERROR [btpool0-8] [] log - /zimbra/h/search;jsessionid=7mmjwzn9s7c
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Response.resetBuffer(Response.java:990)
            at javax.servlet.ServletResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(ServletResponseWrapper.java:202)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter$GZIPResponseWrapper.resetBuffer(GzipFilter.java:268)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter$GZIPResponseWrapper.sendError(GzipFilter.java:283)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:128)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:400)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.include(Dispatcher.java:192)
            at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.ImportSupport.acquireString(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.ImportSupport.doEndTag(Unknown Source)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag._jspx_meth_c_import_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag:407)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.head_tag:154)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag._jspx_meth_app_head_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:367)
            at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag.doTag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.view_tag:324)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_app_view_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:1487)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_otherwise_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:1432)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_c_choose_1(org.apache.jsp.h.search:974)
            at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp.h.search:187)
            at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:93)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:373)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:477)
            at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:371)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:312)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:176)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    2007-11-01 17:25:05,814 INFO  [btpool0-9] [name=testing@localmailserver.com;mid=3;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zclient/5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5;] SendMsg -  LC(mbox=756a538d-3da5-4157-a253-17a91fbc6dbd, sessions=[18])
    2007-11-01 17:25:05,838 INFO  [btpool0-9] [name=testing@localmailserver.com;mid=3;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zclient/5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5;] smtp - Sending message: Message-ID=<8409752.121193918105823.JavaMail.root@localmailserver.com>, replyType=r
    2007-11-01 17:25:06,113 INFO  [btpool0-9] [name=testing@localmailserver.com;mid=3;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zclient/5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5;] mailbox - Added message: id=265, digest=xxDvPTgImbMta0OkFKu,I6+CAMI=, folderId=5, folderName=Sent

here the localmailserver.com is name of the computer where zimbra mail server is running.

Here what is the error and what i have to do, to enable the mail sending and reciving...?

Please help me....

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tamilnandhu View Post
    Hi i get the follwoing information through /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Code:
    2007-11-01 17:24:40,897 INFO  [btpool0-0] [ip=127.0.0.1;ua=zclient/5.0.0_RC1_1538.FC5;] SoapEngine - handler exception: authentication failed for testing@sugarzimbra.com
    2007-11-01 17:24:51,173 INFO  [Timer-3] [] SessionCache - Removed 2 idle sessions (SOAP, ADMIN). 1 active sessions remain.
    This authentication failure might be of more interest to you, are you using an external LDAP for authentication?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default External..?

No i just mentioned the internal Authentication option while creating accounts.

What should i do next...?

Thread Information