Hi!!!

I tried to find this solution on the Zimbra forums but i could not find it anywhere. Here is a situation.

1. We have about 30 email accounts at godaddy.com.
2. Our incoming mail server is located at our office premises and we have a DSL line coming in. We have dynamic ip address on this DSL line. Why we have the incoming mail server at our office is simply because we need to access our mail fast.

3. Currently we are using sendmail (for incoming mail) and Outlook (on machines) and Squirrelmail (for web interface) for receiving mail.

4. Both Outlook and Squirrelmail use smtpout.secureserver.net port 3535 for sending mail and the authentication is done on the basis of the user who has logged in. for example i logged in as abc@example.com in squirrelmail then for sending out mail, squirrelmil would authenticate abc@example.com on smtpout.secureserver.net and would send out the mail. It all works fine.

I like the zimbra interface and the features it presents. Excellent i would say. Now the only problem left is how do I make the webmail send out e-mails using the logged in user's un/pw to authenticate on smtpout.secureserver.net.

I have tried the relay host thing but it only authenticates one username for smtpout.secureserver.net and that won't help us because godaddy limits the number of relays per day to 250. We would reach that number very quickly if we used only one account to relay all our mail.

I would like to go for Zimbra but i need help with this configuration.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Manvir