Thread: postfix tls problem on mandriva 2007

dkn
    dkn is offline Junior Member

Default postfix tls problem on mandriva 2007

Hi,

I installed Zimbra 5.0 B3 on Mandriva 2007. This involved a bit of tinkering with get_plat_tag.sh to get Zimbra to install.

The reason I want to use at least Mandriva 2007, is because 2006 is not supported anymore by Mandriva (not even security updates!). May I ask why Zimbra being shipped for a number of EOL distributions? I mean Mandriva 2006, Fedora 4 and 5 are all EOL, so why support them?

So far I have 2 issues:
    - postfix with tls authentication doesn't work.
    - the server monitoring doesn't work

I think the postfix issue is caused by an incompatible openssl version on mandriva 2007 (0.9.8e). When I use openssl s_client to check the tls connection, I receive the certificates oke, but after the 220 response from postfix the connection is dropped. no error is reported.

The logger service says it starts, but obviously something is wrong.

Regards,
    Dick

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by dkn View Post
    Hi,

I installed Zimbra 5.0 B3 on Mandriva 2007. This involved a bit of tinkering with get_plat_tag.sh to get Zimbra to install.

The reason I want to use at least Mandriva 2007, is because 2006 is not supported anymore by Mandriva (not even security updates!). May I ask why Zimbra being shipped for a number of EOL distributions? I mean Mandriva 2006, Fedora 4 and 5 are all EOL, so why support them?
    Quite honestly, most of our resources have been devoted to getting 5.0 out. Non enterprise systems (ie fedora, and mandriva) are more prone to dependency issues then say RHEL.

But, I suppose the largest reason is not many have asked for them. While we listen to the forums, the best bet to getting stuff out is to file a bug, and get people to vote for your bug/distro.

It should be noted that we are considering some new distros, so now would be the time to vote for them!

Quote Originally Posted by dkn View Post
    So far I have 2 issues:
    - postfix with tls authentication doesn't work.
    - the server monitoring doesn't work

I think the postfix issue is caused by an incompatible openssl version on mandriva 2007 (0.9.8e). When I use openssl s_client to check the tls connection, I receive the certificates oke, but after the 220 response from postfix the connection is dropped. no error is reported.

The logger service says it starts, but obviously something is wrong.

Regards,
    Dick
    are you building from source, or a binary distro. We suggest a source build because installing the bin files can have undesired side-effects (as your seeing).

Why don't we start with your logs:
    /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
    /var/log/zimbra.log

best,
    john

dkn
    dkn is offline Junior Member

John,

I did a third party src build on another mandriva 2007 machine and copied the postfix/libexec directory to our zimbra machine. After a restart, TLS worked. I will look into the stats issue latter this week. By the way, I could not get everything to compile correctly yet. I will report on any issues that I cannot solve myself.

Thanks for Zimbra!

Dick

Franck is offline Active Member

Default looking for Mandriva version

I got 4.5 to run on Mandriva 2007 by downgrading the openssl library. Check the wiki on how I did it.

But I'm looking for ZCS5.0 for Mandriva. Let me know when you get it working.

BTW Mandriva is 2008.0 now

Thread Information