Thread: SSL and multiple mail server aliases

altimage is offline Active Member

Default SSL and multiple mail server aliases

In our old email system, before zimbra, I had a couple clients that who we gave custom mail server names. For example, the actual mail server was mail.alternateimage.com. For one client, we setup mail.daytonabeachcvb.org and just pointed it in the DNS to the real server, mail.alternateimage.com.

Now that we're using Zimbra and have a real (not self signed) SSL certificate, I'm wondering how to accomplish having Zimbra recognize an SSL cert for both domains.

I didnt install our SSL cert the "real" way with zminstallcert, I just edited the main.cf file in postfix (it seemed the least troublesome path). Will using some of the built in zm cert tools allow multiple certs like this?

thanks,
    altimage

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default multiple certs

We're tracking virtual domains as an RFE right now.

What are you using the certs for? IMAP/POP, or HTTPS? Currently, our command line tools only handle one cert - I'll have to dig into postfix docs for info on multiple certs, if it even supports it. Our IMAP/POP/HTTPS server is going to need some work to handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcmac
    We're tracking virtual domains as an RFE right now.

What are you using the certs for? IMAP/POP, or HTTPS? Currently, our command line tools only handle one cert - I'll have to dig into postfix docs for info on multiple certs, if it even supports it. Our IMAP/POP/HTTPS server is going to need some work to handle this.
    We're doing SSL just with smtp. I'll look through the postfix docs too and post here if I find anything.

thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by altimage
    We're doing SSL just with smtp. I'll look through the postfix docs too and post here if I find anything.

thanks,
    Jeff
    It looks pretty easy. Its something that you do when generating the certificate, not any special configuration for postfix. I guess you'd have to get a new certificate every time you added a new alias. Here's some instructions:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Sysad...e_domain_names

Thread Information