Thread: statistics problem

rutman286 is offline Intermediate Member

Exclamation statistics problem

I noticed this morning that my statistics are not working after a fresh install yesterday morning. I have graph images for the "overall server statistics" but nothing at all for the "domain specific statistics". Also upon checking the contents of my /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/rrdtool/work/ folder, all that is in there are the following: connection_failed.gif AND data_not_available.gif.

Any ideas?

easytouch is offline Senior Member

I had the exact same thing. Only these two messages in the rrdtool work folder.

I had to run manually the logger and the graphs generating script.

su zimbra
    ~/libexec/zmlogprocess (process logs. attention can run long if you have lot unprocessed)
    ~/libexec/zmgengraphs (generate graphics)

read the full story here:
    Admin Statistics

Default Thanks very much for the reply

Thanks for the quick reply easytouch. I ran the two command as you recommended. Now I have the server statistics graphs, but I don't have my domain specific graph. "IE therutman.com" Were you able to get those graphs working too?

Just wondering.

thanks again!

Angry more problems :-(

I updraged to centOS 5 and zimbra 4.5.6 for RHEL 5. I still don't have graphs. Everything else seems to be working fine though.

easytouch is offline Senior Member

So I estimate you have again a fresh installation, insteadof troubleshooting the old one?.

Don't hurry to much and go through the Wiki page about logging.

I think it takes some time until enough data is collected for rrdtool being able to generate its summary data.

As I am running my box on Debian I cannot tell you personal success stories about rrdtool on RHEL. I can only give you the simple advice to relax, write all your installation steps down into a big text file and also search for the generic topic you need, not only this forum. Maybe you can find the trick for your specific rrdtool and RHEL issue in other forums, or general searchings through the Web, Groups, Blogs,...

sorry for being maybe too unspecific. But I just wanted you to get the point that you are trying to install a bunch of Open Source tools and here is not the only place to find infos.

Talking Agreed

I agree, I think it is time to just settle in with the installation I have and start figured it out step by step. And actually, I have made some progress this morning! I found in the config files that rrdtool was trying to be accessed from a place that it did not exist. By simply putting a symbolic link in that area that pointed to where it actually was, I was able to generate graphs!

I will keep you posted on whether they are being generated by the crons jobs or not.

Thread Information