Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra 4.5.6 Open Source Synchronization - It works now !

Russianspi is offline Loyal Member

Default Hang On...

While I understand wanting to look out for the community, it seems that you may well have misjudged Edouard. He said himself:
    I've never say i want to sell the product !! So please don't conclude as this. I will make the tuto, but please be patient and understand me.
    This doesn't seem to be what he would be saying if he were trying to sell the product. While I share the hesitation of letting someone I don't know have access to my server, lets not step over the line and put words into someone else's mouth, especially when he has explicitly said the contrary. Lets just hang on and wait for the tutorial that Edouard has planned.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by Russianspi View Post
    While I understand wanting to look out for the community, it seems that you may well have misjudged Edouard. He said himself:

This doesn't seem to be what he would be saying if he were trying to sell the product. While I share the hesitation of letting someone I don't know have access to my server, lets not step over the line and put words into someone else's mouth, especially when he has explicitly said the contrary. Lets just hang on and wait for the tutorial that Edouard has planned.
    Russian-
    I 100% agree, and I did miss that part. My bad. Not a judgement, a caution.

The tutorial would be cool. Maybe we could even mention it on the blog

john

SpEnTBoY is offline Advanced Member

Sorry guys I didn't mean to stir the pot. I'm sure his intentions are good

doud: thanks for the update. I'd love the sync capabilities but I can be patient and wait with everyone else ... I have to admit I'm a little impatient but good things are worth holding out for a bit. I just was wondering if you'd released anything (code or other) that we could start working with to try out and test/help with.

I'm sure you're busy so I wont pester you was just wondering anything about this (is there code to instsall? is it OSS? licensed? derived/contributed? is it just specialized config for existing code?) etc

Either way I'll wait to see updates

Again thanks!!

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Again, not wanting to stir pot or put words into mouth, but it does look like at least two opensource components are being modified, and results distributed without the source code, in violation of opensource licenses.

Perhaps this is unfair, it's impossible for us to tell as nothing is being released, but that's the impression that was first given.

MrBill is offline Starter Member

dijichi2: curious, how can you tell from the information in this thread? I've read it several times as one of the lurkers waiting for funambol functionality with Zimbra OS, and I can't glean any specifics yet...

lasticko is offline Starter Member

Red face It's kinda a big deal

First of all, congratulations Doud on getting it to work. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Second; The way you've announced this is a textbook example of how NOT to be with an opensource community. You started out by saying to everyone "Hey, I got it to work, but I'm not going to share it with anyone because of a personal ego-dispute with some other guy. No, I'm not going to make money off it, I just don't feel like sharing it. Yay me."

It seems that as of recently, you're starting to change your attitude and are considering publishing instructions on this (maybe due to pressure from the rest of the community-oriented-individuals?).

We all hope you do openly share how to accomplish this and demonstrate some of that community spirit that sourced Zimbra (and open source) in the first place.

No, I don't want reasons, justifications, explanations as to why you've been this way. Just please continue to compile and document the solution as soon as you can, so we all can be happy WITH you, not just FOR you.

molshh is offline Starter Member

Any news?

If you are too tired or anything else and thats why you are not able to create a tutorial at the moment i have a great idea:
    Stop helping other people installing the tools to get the mobile sync working on their servers and invest the freetime you gain into the tutorial. In fact that you are not selling anything, you will gain again more freetime cause we will be able to install everything by ourselfs

doud is offline Junior Member

Default What a first POST !!! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by molshh View Post
    Any news?

If you are too tired or anything else and thats why you are not able to create a tutorial at the moment i have a great idea:
    Stop helping other people installing the tools to get the mobile sync working on their servers and invest the freetime you gain into the tutorial. In fact that you are not selling anything, you will gain again more freetime cause we will be able to install everything by ourselfs
    Please make something in your life for Zimbra and then, you will can say me what i must do or not !

Klug is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by doud View Post
    Please make something in your life for Zimbra and then, you will can say me what i must do or not !
    Celle-la, je vais l'encadrer sur le mur derrière moi...

This one is getting printed then put in a frame on the wall behind me.

molshh is offline Starter Member

For sure im not allowed to tell you what to do! It was just a hint and yes, i never did anything for zimbra (until now) but i developed other little tools for WBB f.e. and everybody can use it for free cause for me, its a privilege to be able to give something back to a community, which help i used many times.

Im sure that you also had many benefits by using opensource software :-)
    Last edited by molshh; 09-07-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information