Thread: Deploying Zimbra Client (zimbra.war)

zocs is offline Active Member

Question Deploying Zimbra Client (zimbra.war)

Greetings,

I have installed ZCS on a linux box, say A. I want to deploy the zimbra client (web archive) to a Tomcat server running on another Windows or Linux box,say B. I tried deploying the zimbra client this way and it successfully got deployed. But when I try to the login(using both FireFox and IE) from a client machine, say C it displays error "An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Aministrator. (INVALID_PDU)".

Am I missing any configuration while deploying the zimbra client (.war file) or this configuration is not supported by zimbra client itself?

If this type of deployment is supported by zimbra web client is there any link or document which describes how to configure the zimbra web client after deployment so it can run in the scenario i mentioned above ?

regards,
    Zocs...

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

As far as I know this is not supported, but it's an interesting idea. Are you hoping to use a frontend webfarm to loadbalance? I'd be sceptical you are actually gaining much by offloading just the webclient but if you get this working please tell us how it goes!

zocs is offline Active Member

Talking Deploying Zimbra Client (zimbra.war)

Greetings,

No I am not planning to use webfarm. This was just a idea incase a company is having two good server grade machines and if the company wants to use both of them so as to give better ZCS performance they can do it using my deployment scenario, but not if both web client and ZCS server are tightly coupled.

May be someone from the Zimbra team is aware of how the deployment scenario i described can be made possible.

regards,
    Zocs...

Thread Information