Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manage Mail Queues problem

jshute is offline Starter Member

Is there any update on this issue?

Having the same issue on my install. It is a fresh install on a dedicated VM running on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS fully patched and Release 5.0.0_RC1_1538.

2007-10-24 13:19:39,936 ERROR [{RemoteManager: mail.shute.us->zimbra@mail.shute.us:22}-zmqstat deferred] [] rmgmt - error when scanning mail queue deferred on host mail.shute.us
    java.io.IOException: Cannot create directory: /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/work/zimbra/27fd8d26-e516-435a-9bfe-fb8e1220c073-deferred
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(F SDirectory.java:175)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(F SDirectory.java:157)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWrit er.java:352)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:256)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteMailQueue.clearIndexInte rnal(RemoteMailQueue.java:223)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteMailQueue$QueueHandler.r ead(RemoteMailQueue.java:178)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.executeBackgroun d0(RemoteManager.java:98)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.access$000(Remot eManager.java:35)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager$1.run(RemoteMana ger.java:111)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

peedub is offline New Member

Bump as I just ran into this same situation with zcs 7.2.0 on ubuntu 10.04. Everything else is in working status, mail is being delivored, and the other mail queues can be read fine except the defered as can be seen in my screenshot. Has anyone found the cause of this yet?

2012-06-21-101601_1440x900_scrot.jpg

All zimbra services report as up and functional:
    zimbra@myhost:~$ zmcontrol status
    Host myhost.my.domain
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    memcached Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Running
    Found this in the logs:
    2012-06-21 10:24:04,975 ERROR [{RemoteManager: zimbra@myhostname.my.domain:22}-zmqstat deferred] [] rmgmt - error when scanning mail queue deferred on host myhostname.my.domain
    org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: NativeFSLock@/opt/zimbra/data/tmp/6b...red/write.lock
    at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:84)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWrit er.java:1066)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:888)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteMailQueue.clearIndexInte rnal(RemoteMailQueue.java:235)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteMailQueue$QueueHandler.r ead(RemoteMailQueue.java:187)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.executeBackgroun d0(RemoteManager.java:103)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.access$000(Remot eManager.java:36)
    at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager$1.run(RemoteMana ger.java:118)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    anoyone have a fix for this? for the time being I can just work with the postfix cli queue but would love to get this fixed asap

any update on this? Im thinking that I need to republish this in a new thread as i feel that I have just been ignored by trying not to spam the forum and attach this to a ticket that i thought might be relevant... I will wait a few hours and if I still have not heard anything back then I will move this to its own thread and maybe it will get a reply there.

Being as I was unable to get _ANY_ help (not even a reply saying it was already on the site somewhere) on this through the support forums here on the Zimbra site, I took the liberty to setup an entire separate server that was a clone of our production server for testing purposes. I have found the solution to this issue, and no its not a problem with the server date being incorrect. On the other hand, I do have to admit that during the install, the person that did the install did get a little hasty and did the install before reading the instructions. This problem arise from having Zimbra setup in a single server config _AND_ having the bundled version of the memcached plugin installed at the same time. As soon as I ran the following configs as the Zimbra user, all issues that we were fighting have dissolved into thin air. The solution is simply to disable the component as follows:

zmmemcachedctl stop
    zmprov ms -zimbraServiceEnabled memcached
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information