Thread: Looking for information on free vs. paid installs

buttonsrtoys is offline Starter Member

Default Looking for information on free vs. paid installs

Our small firm of 7 employees is looking at alternatives to Exchange and I just came across Zimbra. I see lots of posts on the net about how its absolutely free but this website has a "Buy Zimbra" button that leads to not-so-free installs. I'm guessing there are free licenses and paid licenses and that the paid ones add support and potentially additional features. Can someone clue me in on the difference between paid vs. free or perhaps point me to a link that would? We're currently using Outlook and our iPhones and Android phones to view our mail. Our Zimbra install would need to do likewise, though we might be able to ditch Outlook if it meant the difference between a free and paid install. We couldn't forgo the smartphones, though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by buttonsrtoys View Post
    Our small firm of 7 employees is looking at alternatives to Exchange and I just came across Zimbra. I see lots of posts on the net about how its absolutely free but this website has a "Buy Zimbra" button that leads to not-so-free installs.
    There are download links that take you to the Network Edition and the free Open SOurce edition of ZCS.

Quote Originally Posted by buttonsrtoys View Post
    I'm guessing there are free licenses and paid licenses and that the paid ones add support and potentially additional features. Can someone clue me in on the difference between paid vs. free or perhaps point me to a link that would?
    Details of the differences are on the Product Comparison page.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information