Thread: a network error occured while attempting to read from the file

ZenMasta is offline Senior Member

Default a network error occured while attempting to read from the file

I attempted an update yesterday and probably didn't pay attention do all the dialogues I just assumed it worked. But after I was not able to launch ZD client. I'd see a little window flash and then close almost instantly, even after reboot.

I downloaded the full client and attempted to repair install but I get this error

a network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:/update.msi

The path will differ depending where you try to install from, originally I was installing from desktop then I moved the zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_20120906071254_win32.msi

to c: to see if that would help but it did not... any ideas? I have disabled antivirus with no difference as well.

Kearnee is offline Starter Member

Unhappy A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMasta View Post
    I attempted an update yesterday and probably didn't pay attention do all the dialogues I just assumed it worked. But after I was not able to launch ZD client. I'd see a little window flash and then close almost instantly, even after reboot.

I downloaded the full client and attempted to repair install but I get this error

a network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:/update.msi

The path will differ depending where you try to install from, originally I was installing from desktop then I moved the zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_20120906071254_win32.msi

to c: to see if that would help but it did not... any ideas? I have disabled antivirus with no difference as well.
    Am having exactly the same problem. However, I am nowhere near as calm about it as ZenMasta is....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ZenMasta is offline Senior Member

I am also using zimbra as my mail server, no emails or anything are actually saved on my computer. So I just uninstalled complete, and deleted Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra from documents and settings user. Reinstalled and re added my accounts. A small hassle but I couldn't wait forever. I had to re download a couple of zimlets though.

Sorry that's probably not helpful for you.

Thread Information