Thread: re-install zimbra

Randy Moore is offline New Member

Default re-install zimbra

Thank you for your help - I have re-installed zimbra desktop on a new computer, and am having difficulty setting up again. I have my own domain name, and have added email to it. When I try to add the zimbra email to the desktop, it asks for incoming server info. I cannot find the information to enter into that box. I have entered my email (randym@bcs-247.com) and get this message: service.FAILURE: system failure: error while proxying request to target server: HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily. Can anyone help?
    Thanks again

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moore View Post
    Thank you for your help - I have re-installed zimbra desktop on a new computer, and am having difficulty setting up again. I have my own domain name, and have added email to it. When I try to add the zimbra email to the desktop, it asks for incoming server info. I cannot find the information to enter into that box. I have entered my email (randym@bcs-247.com) and get this message: service.FAILURE: system failure: error while proxying request to target server: HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily. Can anyone help?
    Where do you normally get your email from (and how do you get it) if you weren't using Zimbra Desktop?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I use gmail, and directed the incoming mail from Zimbra to the gmail account that I can access on my android phone. The reason I switched to zimbra is to have my own email accounts.

I use gmail, and directed the incoming mail from Zimbra to the gmail account that I can access on my android phone. The reason I switched to zimbra is to have my own email accounts.
    Then you need to enter the mail server address for your gmail account (check the gmail site) plus the correct login information.
    Regards

Bill

I think I may not have been clear. I am able to get gmail sent to the zimbra desktop, but I need to access my zimbra email account in zimbra. The gmail comes in without a hitch. However, when I enter the info: smtp.zimbra.com in the incoming mail server box, I get the message: "https://smtp.zimbra.com/service/soap/" host not found. Please check hostname and network connectivity". I think I just need zimbra's info for this box but cannot seem to find it anywhere in a search. I don't remember going through this when I originally set it up. Thanks again.

I think I may not have been clear. I am able to get gmail sent to the zimbra desktop, but I need to access my zimbra email account in zimbra. The gmail comes in without a hitch. However, when I enter the info: smtp.zimbra.com in the incoming mail server box, I get the message: "https://smtp.zimbra.com/service/soap/" host not found. Please check hostname and network connectivity". I think I just need zimbra's info for this box but cannot seem to find it anywhere in a search. I don't remember going through this when I originally set it up. Thanks again.
    Who hosts your Zimbra mail account? It's certainly not hosted by Zimbra so where is it? To where do you actually forward your mail from gmail?
    Regards

Bill

That is a good question. I will have to investigate and see if I can figure that out. I don't deal with these things very often, so I am kind of obtuse. Also, I don't sit at the computer more than an hour at a time, so thank you for being patient for my reply.

Thread Information