Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Installation Help

  1. #1
    neilmoyer is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Installation Help

    Probably a simple question but I am missing it.
    I have a Zimbra account and I just installed the desktop version. I am trying to set it up but I have no idea what the Incoming Mail Server should be? What do I put there if I am using a Zimbra Account?

    And speaking of that since I am using a Zimbra Account and it is Zimbra Desktop why doesn't it automatically sync?

    I see there are problems using XP. I have XP have those issues been resolved or am I wasting my time?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,442
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neilmoyer View Post
    Probably a simple question but I am missing it.
    I have a Zimbra account and I just installed the desktop version. I am trying to set it up but I have no idea what the Incoming Mail Server should be? What do I put there if I am using a Zimbra Account?
    That would depend on who actually hosts your Zimbra account, Zimbra (the company) do not host external user accounts so you need to ask the person or company that hosts your email what the server address is.

    Quote Originally Posted by neilmoyer View Post
    And speaking of that since I am using a Zimbra Account and it is Zimbra Desktop why doesn't it automatically sync?
    The answer to that is tied to the answer of my question above, when you know the answer to taht your ZD will sync to your Zimbra account.

    Quote Originally Posted by neilmoyer View Post
    I see there are problems using XP. I have XP have those issues been resolved or am I wasting my time?
    That would depend on what ''issues' you're talking about, I've used ZD beta 2/3 and now 4 on XP without problems.
    Last edited by phoenix; 08-12-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    neilmoyer is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Thank You!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Funambol not recognizing Zimbra Connector
    By cpalsgrove in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 08:09 AM
  2. Installation Issues - SLES 10_Zimbra 5.0 Beta 3
    By rhartman in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
  3. Installation Failed
    By freit5 in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 11:38 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
  5. Installation problem
    By sywong70 in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •