The Problem:

The ZDC mac client lacks native DnD capability so earlier in the spring I ran across the information regarding how to integrate the DnD zimlet into the ZDC instance. After working on it for a while, we had success using ZDC 1.0.3 on OS X 10.5.8

There's only a few select people in the office who use ZDC, and even fewer who are demanding the DnD feature, but we've run into an instance now where the only way I can get this zimlet to work is on OSX 10.5.8 using ZDC 1.0.3 (build 1696). The problem however, is that I've got machines out there that cannot downgrade to 10.5 and we cannot get it to work on the latest stable release either (1.0.4).

Anyone else run into this issue on the Mac?

Other Note - I'm extremely displeased with this product, and even more annoyed with the delays on ZDC 2. The local client's shortcomings are having a direct impact on the opinions of Zimbra as a whole, which is unfortunate considering that ZCS overall is a good email solution. I'm optimistic that VMWare is going to improve guidance and direction, but patience is in short supply these days.