Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three install attempts ZD beta 2

stephenl is offline Member

Default Three install attempts ZD beta 2

On my Windows 7 machine, I uninstalled version 1.0.4 and installed Beta 2. There was no problem. On my Vista32 machine I installed Beta 2 with no problem. There was no previous version to uninstall. On my Vista 64x SP2 machine, I uninstalled version 1.0.4 and installed Beta 2. The install was sucessful, but the program would not run. I went through the uninstall and re-install routine a couple of times. It will not run on my Vista 64 machine. I did a final un-install and then re-installed 1.0.4. That version still runs fine, I lost nothing. I used the Task Manager to look at things on the Vista 32. I noticed two programs running as a process: zdclient.exe and zddesktop.exe. These programs never showed up on my Vista 64 machine.

I think I read something about a conflict with iTunes. I have iTunes installed on the Vista 64 machine. I will try again when the next Beta arrives.

June 12,2010: I tried to install beta 3 on my Vista 64x SP2 machine (Beta 2 failed to run). I first uinstalled version 1.0.4. I installed Beta 3. My
    iTunes version is up-to-date. From the program start menu ZD would not run at all. From the program files directory I tried to run the script directly.
    With this attempt the program frame would appear with a circle of red dots. Soon I would get an 'unresponsive script' error message. That is
    as far as I could go with it. I tried in several times, including re-boots. During one attempt the Task Manger Processes briefly showed that
    zdclient.exe was running. But, it quickly disappeared. I uninstalled Beta 3. I re-installed version 1.0.4. Once again I did not lose any local mail
    or settings. I will wait for the next version. What I don't understand is that my Win7 machine has the same setup as my Vista machine, minus iTunes. The change from Version 1.0.4 to Beta 2 was no problem. While Beta 3 was installed I looked for an error log. I found none.
    Last edited by stephenl; 06-12-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Update for Beta 3

Default ZD On Vista 64x?

I wonder whether anyone has been successful changing from 1.0.4 to the
    newer version on a Vista 64 machine with iTunes installed.

Default Another attempt

I tried again to change from v 1.0.4 to ZD 2 Beta 3 on my Vista 64x SP2. This time I used Revo uninstaller. After the uninstall I used REGEDIT to look for anything with ZIMBRA in its name. I deleted all I could find, except for anything that pointed to the downloaded installation files. I restarted my computer and used REGEDIT again to look for ZIMBRA. Then I installed ZD 2 Beta 3. It still would not run. I restarted my computer. It still would not run. So I uninstalled ZD 2 and reinstalled ZD 1.0.4. which runs fine.

In May when I changed from 1.0.4 on my Win7 64x, the change was not problem. I recently installed Beta 3 on the Win 7. That was easy.

I made the attempt to install on my Vista machine as clean as I know how. It just will not run.

CJAnderson is offline Starter Member

Unhappy Was fine, now will not open

I dont know what to do, I tried uninstalling after it worked fin for a long time. Yesterday when I tried to open it - all I get is the icons moving across the screen endlessly for an hour before I used control alt delete to quit.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to new version on my vista home premium 32 bit toshobia quosmio, after spending an hour looking for help support answers. Too bad this had alot of promise but if help is this bad I cannot recommend it to my students I teach at the college.

08/14/10 I tried to install Beta 4. Just like previous betas of ZD 2, it will not run on my Vista 64x. I had no problem changing from ZD 1 to ZD 2 beta on my Vista 32x and my Windows 7 64x machines.

akintemel is offline Active Member

Hi ,

I try to many time install zdesktop 1.0.4 and 2.0 beta 4 . on windows 7 , windows xp ..When i change region and language section English ( USA ) and formats tab also same English USA than i can run zdesktop but when region and language section is diffrenf English can not start zdesktop.
    Can you help me please

TomRi is offline Member

Hi stephenl,
    I have the same problem like you.

BR
    Tom

Tom, I will try again when a new version is released. I think that some progam that is installed on my Vista 64, and not my other computers, is causing the problem. I like Zimbra, but I am stuck with an older version.
    Stephenl

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stephenl View Post
    Tom, I will try again when a new version is released. I think that some progam that is installed on my Vista 64, and not my other computers, is causing the problem. I like Zimbra, but I am stuck with an older version.
    Stephenl
    The new ZD 2 GA has been released today, have a look at the ZD forum announcement.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

TomRi is offline Member

Hi all,
    I have tried the latest version. Its not working either unfortunately and I have opened a new thread:

ZD2 b10580_win32.msi on Win7 64bit not starting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information