Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Cannot access Zimbra Desktop Server

mrschi03 is offline Intermediate Member

Exclamation [SOLVED] Cannot access Zimbra Desktop Server

Hi,

Zimbra was working fine for me until last week when it suddenly crashed on me, with a string of error messages that appeared on screen. I thought an uninstall and re-install would fix it, but that has not help. I keep getting the error message when I attempt to start Zimbra: "Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-desktop.".

Can someone help, please?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mrschi03 View Post
    Zimbra was working fine for me until last week when it suddenly crashed on me, with a string of error messages that appeared on screen including details of your operating system.
    How about posting the original error messages that you received? Have a look at the wiki if you need to locate the log file or need some troubleshooting information.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    How about posting the original error messages that you received? Have a look at the wiki if you need to locate the log file or need some troubleshooting information.
    Hi,

Thanks for responding. I took a look at the wiki, but I am having trouble locating the logs. This page, Log Files - Zimbra :: Wiki, is for ZCS 4.5 and the log file location paths are for installations on a server, not a desktop.
    Can you give me an idea of where to look? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. The path that zdesktop runs from is C:\Users\Rainsworld\AppData\Local\Zimbra\zdesktop\ win32\prism\zdclient.exe.

I'm wondering if I should just find all instances of zimbra in the registry, delete them and start over. I've attempted two uninstalls and re-installs, the last one I deleted the local database, but Zimbra still will not launch.

Default Cannot start Zimbra core services

Hi,

I'm still needing help with this, please! I removed all instances of Zimbra from the registry, and deleted the install folder, uninstalled and re-installed, but Zimbra still will not start. I took a screen shot of the error I got during the installation, which indicates Zimbra core servies cannot start. What else can I do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer. please look for any error messages for Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer. please look for any error messages for Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service there.
    I found several messages related to Zimbra there. I saved two of them as text files, but they are pretty big, should I copy and paste here?

This is the main message that I saw in the Event Viewer:

"Error 9/9/2009 12:57:07 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    Access is denied."
    Error 9/9/2009 12:54:56 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    Access is denied."
    Error 9/9/2009 12:54:11 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    Access is denied."
    Error 9/9/2009 12:54:02 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    Access is denied."
    Information 9/9/2009 12:42:17 PM Service Control Manager 7036 None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
    Error 9/9/2009 12:42:02 PM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    Access is denied."
    Error 9/9/2009 12:42:02 PM Service Control Manager 7030 None The Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."

Also, when I tried to start the service manually, I got the same message -- access is denied.

yes, please copy and paste them here, or zip them up and post them as attachments

yes, please copy and paste them here, or zip them up and post them as attachments
    OK -- will do. Please see the attachments.
    Attached Files Attached Files

are you installing and running zd as an admin user? (a user that belongs to admin group)

are you installing and running zd as an admin user? (a user that belongs to admin group)
    Yes I am -- I'm the administrator for the PC, but I can try running the install as administrator using the right-mouse command and see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information