Thread: [SOLVED] XPCOM problems

Xtng is offline Intermediate Member

Default [SOLVED] XPCOM problems

In addition to my post (link here) I've noted that sometimes isn't possible to start the Zimbra Desktop. I've tried to start it from the terminal ./zdesktop but I get a error message:

Couldn't load XPCOM.
    Apparently this problem is due to prisma (an application that lets users split web applications out of their browser and run them directly on their desktop - link)
    So, finding the source of this problem I've tried to install prisma but I got the same error message (Couldn't load XPCOM.)

The solution: Install through yum 'xulrunner' of your OS version. In order to search your version run the following command: 'yum search mozilla'. Then, install the most appropriate XUL Runtime for Gecko Applications's plugin.

Enjoy!

Adeu!

Himanshu is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xtng View Post
    In addition to my post (link here) I've noted that sometimes isn't possible to start the Zimbra Desktop. I've tried to start it from the terminal ./zdesktop but I get a error message:

Apparently this problem is due to prisma (an application that lets users split web applications out of their browser and run them directly on their desktop - link)
    So, finding the source of this problem I've tried to install prisma but I got the same error message (Couldn't load XPCOM.)

The solution: Install through yum 'xulrunner' of your OS version. In order to search your version run the following command: 'yum search mozilla'. Then, install the most appropriate XUL Runtime for Gecko Applications's plugin.

Enjoy!

Adeu!
    What if this happens on WinXP/WIndows Vista..?

Thread Information