Thread: Zimbra won't start, won't re-install

alienjones is offline Starter Member

Default Zimbra won't start, won't re-install

Zimbra Desktop has been running on my wife's Windows XP SP2 PC quite successfully for many months. Todat it can't find an x-server and won't start. I downloaded a fresh copy of vesion 1.0 and it won't re-install because "and older version exists" but can't be reinstalled.

So far I've managed to save the 'store' and conf folders to a different location and now it seems the last install attempt just crashed without a message. There's some serious medical data I need to get access to.

Can someone please instruct me in how to either read the mail with a different application or get Zimbra working again?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

please try this:

Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by alienjones View Post
    Zimbra Desktop has been running on my wife's Windows XP SP2 PC quite successfully for many months. Todat it can't find an x-server and won't start. I downloaded a fresh copy of vesion 1.0 and it won't re-install because "and older version exists" but can't be reinstalled.

So far I've managed to save the 'store' and conf folders to a different location and now it seems the last install attempt just crashed without a message. There's some serious medical data I need to get access to.

Can someone please instruct me in how to either read the mail with a different application or get Zimbra working again?

alienjones is offline Starter Member

Default Re: wont start, won't remove won't interest me anymore.

What actually is Zimbra? Certainly not production quality software. It just dies and stays dead until you edit the registry and delete the entrie directory?

Maybe all this talk about only getting what you pay for applies to Zimbra? At least with Outlook I can get support from Microsoft over the phone... It's not as if I object to paying for it.

If anyone's listning... Not good kama to use other people to perfect your product. If it is/was going to ever become useful and reliable it has just lost a possible sales of 5 units.

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

We are aware of some installation/uninstallation issues a small percentage of users have been experiencing with Zimbra Desktop. We are actively working on the solutions and hope to address the majority of the problems in Zimbra Desktop 1.1.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate all the continued support from our user community.

Quote Originally Posted by alienjones View Post
    What actually is Zimbra? Certainly not production quality software. It just dies and stays dead until you edit the registry and delete the entrie directory?

Maybe all this talk about only getting what you pay for applies to Zimbra? At least with Outlook I can get support from Microsoft over the phone... It's not as if I object to paying for it.

If anyone's listning... Not good kama to use other people to perfect your product. If it is/was going to ever become useful and reliable it has just lost a possible sales of 5 units.

Thread Information