Thread: New Zimbra installation ALWAYS gives errors on first one or two runs

ezu
    ezu is offline Loyal Member

Default New Zimbra installation ALWAYS gives errors on first one or two runs

Whenever I install a new Zimbra desktop (including up to 1513), it always gives error similar to "cannot connect to Zimbra server. If problem persists, reinstall" etc. After two or three reinstallations, it works. When I check the Zimbra service, usually at the time of the first installation, its status is marked for deletion (as earlier Zimbra desktop was uninstalled and new one installed by Zimbra installer). Even if I reboot the machine and retry, this works after a minimum of two tries.

However, in the latest twist, I am caught. I have enabled the beta testing feature and the latest Zimbra client was downloaded and the above error came while starting service. Now, the situation is that I neither have old client nor new one installed and more important, I do not have the URL for latest beta downloaded nor am aware of the location of the downloaded file. I checked all of my computer for files having *zimbra*exe and could not find any later than what I had manually downloaded earlier.

How do I solve this installation problem for good ?
    Where do I find the latest released "beta" testing build available ?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

For now, you can download the latest beta from these links. We will put links at our site in the future.

http://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zd...1531_win32.exe

http://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zd..._linux_i686.sh

http://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zd...acos_intel.dmg

Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    Whenever I install a new Zimbra desktop (including up to 1513), it always gives error similar to "cannot connect to Zimbra server. If problem persists, reinstall" etc. After two or three reinstallations, it works. When I check the Zimbra service, usually at the time of the first installation, its status is marked for deletion (as earlier Zimbra desktop was uninstalled and new one installed by Zimbra installer). Even if I reboot the machine and retry, this works after a minimum of two tries.

However, in the latest twist, I am caught. I have enabled the beta testing feature and the latest Zimbra client was downloaded and the above error came while starting service. Now, the situation is that I neither have old client nor new one installed and more important, I do not have the URL for latest beta downloaded nor am aware of the location of the downloaded file. I checked all of my computer for files having *zimbra*exe and could not find any later than what I had manually downloaded earlier.

How do I solve this installation problem for good ?
    Where do I find the latest released "beta" testing build available ?

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

Also, if you can, whenever it fails in installation, please save the following files, zip them and attach them here.

.install4j/installation.log
    log/zdesktop.log
    log/zdesktop.out

If you are on Windows, you may also take a look at Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer | System log - look for Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop Service.

If you are on Mac, look for any entries about zdesktop in Console.app.

Thanks.

Thread Information