Thread: Zimbra not working on XP

duaneleonard is offline Starter Member

Default Zimbra not working on XP

Hi, I am not tech savvy, so please bear with me.

I love the idea of zimbra and want to try it out, but it won't open on XP. I've seen similar posts here dating back to 2005 (I'm pretty sure).

Is this something that just keeps happening to some users, but might be fixed on its own after a new version comes out? None of the threads seem to end in "that worked, thanks". The threads just end. I normally have no problem installing and opening open source programs on my computer. I get the "some zimlets not installed" deal, then the "cant reach Zimra server" or something like that (this has had many posts).

Is there a real answer that a non-techie can solve or shall i just be patient and wait for a more compatible version of Zimbra for windows?

thanks

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

Do you have Windows Defender installed on your XP? If you do, can you use notepad and open this file, copy and paste the content here?

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

(assuming your XP is installed at c:\Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by duaneleonard View Post
    Hi, I am not tech savvy, so please bear with me.

I love the idea of zimbra and want to try it out, but it won't open on XP. I've seen similar posts here dating back to 2005 (I'm pretty sure).

Is this something that just keeps happening to some users, but might be fixed on its own after a new version comes out? None of the threads seem to end in "that worked, thanks". The threads just end. I normally have no problem installing and opening open source programs on my computer. I get the "some zimlets not installed" deal, then the "cant reach Zimra server" or something like that (this has had many posts).

Is there a real answer that a non-techie can solve or shall i just be patient and wait for a more compatible version of Zimbra for windows?

thanks

Thread Information