Thread: upgrade failure/ current installation failure/ jvm error message

imcmcm is offline Member

Exclamation upgrade failure/ current installation failure/ jvm error message

Hello, I got a notice last night inviting me to upgrade to a newer version of zimbra desktop. The upgrade failed and then my current installation no longer worked (error message "couldn't access server"). I went online and tried to reinstall zimbra the current version of zimbra, but it fails during installation with the message "the JVM found at (0) is damaged. Please reinstall or define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32 bit JDK or JRE."

Help? I'd prefer not to have to set up all my accounts again

jmhe is offline Zimbra Employee

Unfortunately you will have to follow this instruction to manually uninstall ZD and download it again from Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac , then re-install it.

As long as you follow the instruction closely, you should not need to setup your accounts again.

Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

We've seen similar reports from other users. We will try to address it in post-GA. Sorry about the inconvenience.

drdrem is offline Senior Member

Default same thing happened to me

As another post in a different thread mentions, I got an AUS error when I tried updating to 1510. So when 1513 came out, I downloaded it and installed. However, I got the same error message as the other poster in this thread. Thankfully, the manual work around that a Zimbra employee posted worked like a charm. All mails were saved and the programs works just fine now. Anyone who has this error, please follow the directions posted so as not to have to redownload all your mails.

However ... I am still getting the "AUS: Update XML File Malformed (200)" error if I right click the Zimbra icon in Notif. area and choose "check for updates." As I said in the other thread, different forum, I hope this is not going to prevent me from getting autoupdates.
    Last edited by drdrem; 03-07-2009 at 09:47 AM.

imcmcm is offline Member

Default that worked thank you jmhe

the solution you provided worked although the directions are just vague enough that I was guessing on a couple of steps... apparently I guessed right though 'cause it's working now. Thank you.

Thread Information