Thread: Quicken conflict with POP email access?

Lucre is offline Starter Member

Question Quicken conflict with POP email access?

My access to downloading my PoP email accounts suddenly stopped after installing Quicken 2007. The symbol next to the account just spins with no resolution.

This is my second rebuild/restore of my laptop and both times I had ZD loaded and operating smoothly to access my Yahoo and PoP server email accounts. The first time, I didn't test the ZD after each s/w install so when I did discover the break, I could only take the restore point back to just after the time of the last successful download--unfortunately the restoring to the restore point doesn't fix the problem.

Second time the culprit looks to be Quicken, but again, restoring to a previous point or multiple earlier points doesn't fix the ZD disconnect.

I've been through the forums and googled the internet, but don't see anything quite like this....any ideas, comments, help appreciated. Seems a simple cause, but I'm not sure where to troubleshoot at this time.

Vista O/S, MS Office, iTunes....all the usual detritus. "Fix-It Utilities 9 Pro" running also but haven't messed with any reg or other settings (yet).

Thanks in advance....Luc

Lucre is offline Starter Member

Default Update - Working for the moment

For feedback/your SA

After uninstalling Quicken, restarting, and then reinstalling ZD still had no joy.

I moved on to updating to latest adobe reader and flash s/w.

I then brought ZD back up and it's working again.....unfortunately, I don't have any correlation to what triggered the change. I'm going to try and get Quicken on board again tomorrow, but dreading the results.

As soon as I figure out how to access and capture an error log I'll post it here to close the loop and maybe get some analysis on this vexing problem.

Luc

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

What we should do is to look at your logs first. Please follow the steps here: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

Thread Information