Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation and running zimbra desktop Error

sechkyn is offline New Member

Default Installation and running zimbra desktop Error

Hi,

I have downloaded zimbra desktop 0.91 build 1344 win 32 version and tried to install it. At the end of installation I get this error: "Failled to inject zimlets. Some features may be missing." Here is the screenshot:

(It looks like mac but it's win xp )

After installation, when I try to run the program I get another error report which says: "Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-desktop."

I have uninstalled it and re-install it again for 3 times. But still same error! I have no private fire wall. I have read all threads about my problem but I could not find a solution.

If you would like to see the log report, log file is attached. I hope its the right file

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

jjzhuang is offline Zimbra Employee

wow, that's new. is this an upgrade or brand new install when you first installed 1344?

I see this in your log, which is the first time I see this kind of issue:

2008-11-11 23:15:00,670 WARN [btpool0-2] [ip=127.0.0.1;] SoapEngine - handler exception
    java.lang.RuntimeException: failure instantiating global Config
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineConfig.instan tiate(OfflineConfig.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. reload(OfflineProvisioning.java:324)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AuthTokenKey.refresh(AuthTok enKey.java:139)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AuthTokenKey.getCurrentKey(A uthTokenKey.java:166)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ZimbraAuthToken.getCurrentKe y(ZimbraAuthToken.java:110)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ZimbraAuthToken.getEncoded(Z imbraAuthToken.java:329)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ZimbraAuthToken.getOrigAuthD ata(ZimbraAuthToken.java:366)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ZimbraAuthToken.encodeAuthRe sp(ZimbraAuthToken.java:407)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.Auth.doResponse(Auth.j ava:165)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.Auth.handle(Auth.java: 136)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:414)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:269)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:189)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: email address already exists: null
    ExceptionId:btpool0-2:1226438100655:d03c6f4a36ee9dd0
    Code:account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.ACCO UNT_EXISTS(AccountServiceException.java:219)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbOfflineDirectory.createDirector yEntry(DbOfflineDirectory.java:76)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineConfig.instan tiate(OfflineConfig.java:41)
    ... 35 more

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    wow, that's new. is this an upgrade or brand new install when you first installed 1344?
    first time install. if you would like to see what zimlets I have, here is the screen shot.

I am sure you can solve my problem. I do really want to use zimbra desktop.
    Another issue: After rebooting my system, when I want to run the zimbra, I only get loading screen with three red dots. Never finishes loading.

Thanks again.

could you try to do a clean uninstall? first run uninstall. at the end of it, delete the whole directory where you installed the software. then run installer again. have you tried that?

I have done that. I havedone more. I have uninstalled whole windows xp system and reinstall xp again last night. I still got the same error! Weird huh? Shall I buy a new pc?

that is indeed weird. I looked at the code more closely and there could be a race condition to cause what you see. but first of all even if that race condition triggers, it would only cause the error to happen once and can recover from that. secondly, a race condition won't behave so consistently across multiple installs.

in any case I'll put in a check to make it more robust. I can't guarantee it will solve your problem but it's worth a shot. please wait for the next release which is beta5, dude late November. sorry I can't think of anything else we can do for your issue.

Dana Britton is offline Starter Member

Default Installation problem.

I have exactly the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

skif is offline Starter Member

Default Same problem

Any progress for fixing this bug ?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skif View Post
    Any progress for fixing this bug ?
    Which bug would that be? As you've given no information about the version of Zimbra Desktop you're using nor any log files it's difficult to say what your problem is. I'd suggest you install the most recent version of ZD then start a new thread if you still have a problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information