Thread: synch seems to break constantly and not restart

drdrem is offline Senior Member

Default synch seems to break constantly and not restart

I am having the saaaaaaaame problem. I do not use Yahoo Business Mail, but I do use Mail Plus and have had the SAME problem. I have reset the account several times. I have even deleted it and re-added it several times. No matter what, the full amount of emails will not be brought over to Zimbra. In fact the synch just stops midway through. The last time around, not even teh inbox would load or any of the other system folders. However, some (though not all) of my created folders synched. Is there a way to force the synch to resume? The only thing I have NOT done is completely uninstall Z Desktop and reinstall it. Oh, and I do have the build 1251, latest version. So ... other than tearing my hair out, can anyone think what I can do?

drkirkwilson is offline Starter Member

Only 1 of 11 of my folders has been synched with my Yahoo Business Mail (or is it called Mail Plus?). That folder has 366 messages but the source folder in Yahoo Business Mail has 1365 messages. The Zimbra folder has updated on at least two occasions because a couple of messages were updated last night after the original 360 or so messages were loaded. Suffice to say that Zimbra does not seem to be able to synch my messages for whatever reason. No one has responded to my request for help so far so I will probably just wait until the code is out of the beta phase. Don't tear your hair out. Not sure what you can do. We may be in the same boat.

dj14 is offline Junior Member

Same problem here. I do not use mail plus. My sync goes max upto 1.4 Mb downoad and then ............though it shows green dot---the sign of sync.

drdrem is offline Senior Member

Default one problem down and another up to take it's place

I ended up totally removing Zimbra Desktop from my Vista PC. I mean TOTALLY. I rebooted. I reinstalled the build 1251. Now, before I did that, I deleted ALL my YM folders within the YM interface and moved the emails in those folders in to brand new folders. I then signed out of YM and reinstalled ZD and rebooted yet again. When I did, I chose the option to synch ONLY the inbox, sent, drafts, et.: not any of the other folders I created. All of those folders synched perfectly. Then one at a time I synched each of my other folders. Synch went off without a hitch. Almost. For some strange reason YM's interface is causing emails within the INBOX to duplicate. And I mean A LOT. Today alone I had to delete over 1100 duplicate emails from my YM inbox using the YM interface. Thank GOD for the "select all" option. Anyway, I have since signed out of the YM interface and rebooted and am now using ZD to synch all folders. We'll see what happens.

PKKid is offline Junior Member

I am getting similar results. Zimbra will start out syncing folders fine, then start reporting that a few folders have no results when they in fact do. When it breaks, it really breaks.. nothing will sync again not even the folders that did at one time sync. If I stop and restart the zdesktop service, it still won't sync.

--------------------
    The sync breaks with the following errors found in the logs:

2008-08-04 00:03:24,738 ERROR [sync-timer-<username>@<domiain>.com] [] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Bugzilla' failed
    java.io.IOException: Error in response handler

Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Exception in response handler

Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to store IMAP message data
    ExceptionId:Thread-674:1217822604737:e53be0b9d7a6c326
    Code:service.FAILURE

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'I_UID_IMAP_ID' defined on 'IMAP_MESSAGE'.

Caused by: ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'I_UID_IMAP_ID' defined on 'IMAP_MESSAGE'.

----------------
    And some more stuff:
    2008-08-04 00:03:24,739 ERROR [sync-timer-<username>@<domain>.com] [] datasource - Synchronization of folder '/Useful Information' failed
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection is closed

----------------
    This is too bad. I love everything about this client from what I have seen. Easily the best app out there for linux, but if its not going to fetch my mail, it becomes deemed as unreliable and I cannot trust it. Until a solution is found I'll have to stick with another client that has less features.
    Last edited by PKKid; 08-04-2008 at 07:33 AM.

PKKid is offline Junior Member

This seems to be working for me now with the latest version of Zimbra (Not sure how to get the version I am working with currently). Been running about 5 hours now without any issues whatsoever. It was able to sync my fairly large folders from a an Exchange server across the country. I'll post another update in a few days.
    Last edited by PKKid; 09-23-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information