Thread: [SOLVED] Email Acct Setup

rg500g is offline New Member

Default [SOLVED] Email Acct Setup

In ZD Beta 1 I could set up a POP account using smtp.att.yahoo.com and pop.att.yahoo.com hosts. On Beta2 account setup appears to parse the "yahoo" part of the host and force me to install a Yahoo+ IMAP email account. The email hosts referenced above are specific to AT&T's Yahoo broadband service, and are unrelated to Yahoo+ mail.

I dbl checked my email setup by cross referencing against the account setup for my Macintosh email client, and there are no errors in entry. The email account I have is a POP account, and the hosts defined above are accurate. ZD Beta2 won't permit this POP account to be configured, whereas Beta 1 would.

hmeseller is offline Starter Member

Default Same Problem here

I am having the exact same problem. Zimbra Desktop will not allow me to set up my pop email account using the same yahoo servers. I also use pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com. It is very frustrating that the setup wizard seems to allow for pop accounts, but will not allow me to set up mine. This really needs to be resolved.

Well, this is no longer a problem for me. I needed an email client with built-in calendar capability ala Outlook, and found one in Thunderbird. Since I do not employ Zimbra's back end, the client product became superfluous when I found Thunderbird.

kiwiboy68 is offline Starter Member

rg
    I have the same problem .. cannot recognize my pop.att.yahoo.com mail account. I tried Zimbra BECAUSE of Calendar Event/Task issues with the latest TBird undate. (Events and reminders don't display) ... so now I REALLY have a problem. My other email accounts activated flawlessly in Zimbra ... back to the drawing board.
    Anyone got a solution to the att.yahoo mail acct please let me know.

Something is queer then. I have not had any problems with reminders in thunderbird. I am running Tbird 2.0.0.12. It's on an Intel Mac, 10.4.x

Thread Information