Translations Process – README
To make everybody’s lives easier we have added source control for accepted language translations. Moving forward we still love Forums as a place for lively discussion, Q&A, etc., and encourage all to use the new system rather than attach files in the Forum.
- Who can pull down the translation files - anyone
- Who can post translation files
- First, as always, everyone who contributes translations needs to submit the contributor agreement (sign and FAX) before we can accept translations (nothing new here).
- Second, right now we are limiting write access to those wanting to help lead / moderate their language. We are hoping they can coordinate with others interested in translating a language and commit files on their behalf.
- Moderators and the Community can help determine how we evolve write access rules, we certainly want to do what works best!
- What happens if my language has no moderator? –
- This will certainly happen, so the first thing to do is contact one of the Zimbra crew and we can either work with you to become a moderator or post on your behalf (after you sign a contributor agreement)
- What if I want to moderate a language and there is already a moderator?
- We encourage you to contact the moderator and talk about how you can work together; if it makes sense to have two then we not necessarily opposed.
Moderator Tips and Tricks
- Gather input from the Community and post files to SVN as much as you want
- Please remember that others who contribute need to also submit Contribution Agreements to Zimbra
- If you want others in your group to have SVN access to help you please let us know