Thread: Single quotes and properties files

Kafka is offline Active Member

Default Single quotes and properties files

Hi,

I have already posted about this situation a while back, and did receive a solution from Zimbra (KevinH, I believe). All single quotes, when they're part of a property containing a {n}, had do be doubled, or it would break Zimbra's GUI (a popup would not popup, or status messages would not show up)

Just redone and ajusted my translation to the new properties files (Release 3.1.0_GA_332.FC4_20060414123554 FC4 FOSS edition), and noticed that single quotes would again cause problems.

Original "double" single-quoted version, that would work in the previous Zimbra version I used:

invalidPollingInterval = L''intervalle de r\u00e9ception automatique doit \u00eatre au moins de {0} minutes

This version does not work anymore (No status message in the bottom left corner if polling is set to t < 2 minutes)

Tried single quote:
    invalidPollingInterval = L'intervalle de r\u00e9ception automatique doit \u00eatre au moins de {0} minutes

Same problem.

No single quote:
    invalidPollingInterval = Lintervalle de r\u00e9ception automatique doit \u00eatre au moins de {0} minutes

It worked. A message is displayed in the status section.

I think a reliable solution has to be found. It is quite unnerving to know that the GUI might be broken at places because of a single quote...

Thanks for your help.

François

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you had a look in bugzilla to see if it's already been reported? If it's not in there it would be helpful if you could enter it and vote for it so that it will be looked at.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Single quote : workaround and unicode char

Thanks to the post by cvidal (3.1.1 GA 394 French Translation, I decided to go along with his suggestion. After searching a bit about the ubiquitous and problematic \u0027 (the single quote), I found that the Unicode.org proposed replacement is \u2019, which fits quite well in the typography of the GUI. All that was broken in the GUI is now fixed (filters were all messed up, I just discovered, among other things).

I replaced in the three properties files all "doubled" single quotes, and a few lonely ones with this hex, except for a few surrounding urls in HTML code snippets found in the files.

Hope this will help my fellow translators.

For people who would like a thorough translation to French of the Zimbra interface of the above release, please email me.

F.

Default Bug 7731

Filed a bug report: 7731

Thread Information