While translating ZCS 5.0.8 to Finnish I noticed that the language property files such as ZhMsg.properties are licensed under Yahoo Public License:

#
# ***** BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK *****
# Zimbra Collaboration Suite Web Client
# Copyright (C) 2006, 2007 Zimbra, Inc.
#
# The contents of this file are subject to the Yahoo! Public License
# Version 1.0 ("License"); you may not use this file except in
# compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
# Licensing for open source server & client technology: enterprise messaging and collaboration software by Zimbra.
#
# Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS"
# basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# ***** END LICENSE BLOCK *****
#

Firsly, the link in the license block points to wrong URL, it should say Zimbra - Yahoo! Public License, Version 1.0 (YPL)
instead.

Now, reading the translation Wiki page (Translations - Zimbra :: Wiki) I'm given the impression that community translations should be released using the "Zimbra X-tras" project hosted at Sourceforge.net. The problem here is that Sourceforge does not allow hosting of any material released under non-free license, such as the Yahoo Public License. Also, why is non-free ZPL1.2-licensed material currently hosted there? Do you have special deal with Sourceforge.net that allows this?

I'd love to have clarification to a couple of questions:

- Is Zimbra X-tras project still actively maintained? Most SVN commits are pretty old (1+ years).
- If Zimbra X-tras can't be used for hosting community translations due to licensing issues, where are they supposed to be hosted?
- Can I distribute my own (and perhaps other people's) YPL-licensed Zimbra 5.0.x translation on my own servers? Do I have to do something special to avoid trademark issues?

Then to an another related problem... I've used an old ZPL1.2-licensed Finnish ZCS 4.x translation as a basis for my own translation. So the language file property names and comments are now YPL 1.0-licensed and part of the actual translations use the ZCS 1.2-license. Are the two licenses compatible? Which license should I use for my translation? Or do I have to get rid of the ZCS 1.2-licensed strings?

Hopefully someone at Zimbra can help sort this thing out.

Best regards,

Samuli