Complete German Translation 3.0.1_GA_160
attached you will find my complete German translation (except Admin Console). To install simply copy the files AjxMsg_de.properties, ZMsg_de.properties and ZmMsg_de.properties into the subfolder zimbra/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/msgs, restart server and clear local browser cache. Deinstallation is even easier - just delete the files. Region- or country-specific language files may be added as de_AT, de_CH, de_DE, de_LU.
Major goals of my translation were: Clear, simple, and short terms and phrases, used as consistently as possible; consistent usage of UNICODE; focussed on context, usability, and appearance.
Tests in my small environment have been very positive. Nevertheless response is appreciated as well as answers to following questions:
- Quota information in upper right corner of user interface seems to be hard-coded English (X KB of unlimited)
- "Add CC" and "Add BCC" when composing a mail also seem to be hard-coded even though corresponding vars do exist
- at end of line 275 of ZaMsg.properties a backslash seems to be missing
- the previous AjxMsg-Vars timeFormat, dateFormat and dateSeperator are missing in 3.0.1_GA_160. As necessary for a German translation I have re-included them and they seem to work (with the sole exception of the time line left of calendar view which always seems to output AM/PM time).
- I have ignored the two warnings in ZmMsg "# these need to be kept in sync..." and have translated those terms. If you should encounter problems simply uncomment the following entries.
Meaning or definition of following vars is not clear or complicated:
b = B (probably bytes?)
call = call (telephone call?)
party = party (a gathering of people, meeting?)
the = The (horrible as the German language hasn't less than three gender-specific translations, please avoid!)
Have fun, Blue4koala
Admin message translations
Our version with some changes in your user message translations.
The time units ("Days", "Hours" etc.) may not be translated,
they are inline programmed in java scripts.
Do I need contrib agreement ?
Did I miss something ?
Originally Posted by KevinH
We needed only the german translation for some potential customer and I thought, why not share our work with other people.