Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: POP account sync

  1. #1
    rajahd is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    8

    Default POP account sync

    I take it there is no support currently to initiate "Get POP Mail" on the server under Zimbra Desktop?

  2. #2
    dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Actually, yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by rajahd View Post
    I take it there is no support currently to initiate "Get POP Mail" on the server under Zimbra Desktop?
    When you have connectivity, "Get POP Mail" should be proxied straight to the remote server. Note that you may have to wait until the next sync to get notifications...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  3. #3
    rajahd is offline Special Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I have 3 POP accounts tied to specific folders. When using the server based Zimbra interface I select one of the folders and "Get POP Mail" replaces the normal "Get Mail" button.

    In Zimbra Desktop all I see is a "Sync" button. When I press it ZD appears to query the server for new mail. There is no difference that I can discern based on the folder I am on. When I select one of the folders that has a POP account associated with it "Sync" does not change and pressing it does not initiate a "Get POP Mail" action. I have tested this by opening Zimbra from the server as well as syncing several times.

    Am I just doing something wrong or missing something obvious?

  4. #4
    dkarp is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Sounds like a bug.

    Quote Originally Posted by rajahd View Post
    In Zimbra Desktop all I see is a "Sync" button. When I press it ZD appears to query the server for new mail. There is no difference that I can discern based on the folder I am on. When I select one of the folders that has a POP account associated with it "Sync" does not change and pressing it does not initiate a "Get POP Mail" action. I have tested this by opening Zimbra from the server as well as syncing several times.
    Definitely sounds like that version has a bug. Can you please file a bug report in bugzilla?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  5. #5
    flums is offline Trained Alumni
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Is there anyway Zimbra can check for mail each 5 min or so? For the Web client

  6. #6
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,491
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flums View Post
    Is there anyway Zimbra can check for mail each 5 min or so? For the Web client
    If you had searched th forums you would know the answer is no, not at present. There is an RFE for this feature in bugzilla and it's targetted for the next major release.

    This should also have been in a seperate thread, it isn't anything to do with Zimbra Desktop.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hangs on "Loading" screen
    By gbr in forum General Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
  2. Zimbra Mobile fails with Java Exception
    By JasonChase in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
  3. outside pop account
    By magatu in forum Users
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. Z-Mobile & Motorola Q - sync issues
    By dwill in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
  5. Zimbra Account Sync
    By 3RiversTechAdmin in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •