Thread: Re-authenticate

KellieB is offline Junior Member

Default Re-authenticate

Ever since I upgraded to the latest Zimbra Desktop version, 7.2.5 (build 12038), I keep getting a box pop up for my 3 email accounts that reads "Zimbra cannot synch. Please re-authenticate your account by entering your password" When I enter it and click on save, sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. This keeps happening over and over again throughout the day and is very disruptive for getting my email. Can someone address if this is a known issue and is a fix being worked on or is this something that I can take steps to fix myself? I have seen other synch posts, but they seem to be for synching to Google and they don't mention having to enter passwords, so I'm unclear if the issue is the same or not.

Thank you,
    Kellie
    Kellie Blackwell, MT, ASCP
    Executive Consultant and Trainer

cf7
    cf7 is offline Senior Member

I have win7x64...not an issue..not sure what of email accounts you have..yahoo..hotmail etc..
    do they all have problem or just one or two email accounts?

Presume your installation is ok..so we don't have to uninstall..clean system and re-install.

Try this..
    delete your authorization from your email setting through your web browser ie... not in zimbra..
    now..
    in zimbra desktop..try re validate. and re-index..

hope this work for you..

KellieB is offline Junior Member

I also have win7x64. All 3 email accounts I have are with brighthouse networks, my internet service provider, rather than yahoo or gmail, etc. I know where to go to re-validate and re-index in Zimbra, but I'm not totally clear what you mean by 'delete your authorization from your email setting through your web browser". I will hunt around and see if I can find that. Thank you for the suggestion. As an added bit of mystery, I received an email from Brighthouse at 2am this morning saying they have been having trouble with their email system over the last few days and they are working on it, so perhaps this isn't a zimbra issue after all. It would seem highly coincidental with my zimbra upgrade though, so who knows. Thanks again!
    Kellie Blackwell, MT, ASCP
    Executive Consultant and Trainer

Thread Information