Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo oauth

missmokie is offline Starter Member

Default Yahoo oauth

I added another computer about the time of update, so not sure what caused this, but happening on both computers now. contacts not syncing and not checking for new mail. I'm told at the red dot to "Please finish Yahoo! OAuth process at account setup page." However, as I've already done set up, I can't do it again. Well, I can, and have done so, by deleting the account. After it gets going, though, same thing. I've even deleted account and uninstalled and reinstalled Zimbra, same results.

I did search forums for this, but all posts I found were solved by methods I've already tried.

Error message is:

Debug message: must grant access to yahoo contact API

Exception:

com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException: must grant access to yahoo contact API
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-missmokie@yahoo.com:1395651450708:b3f9e817244cf6a5
    Codeffline.YCONTACT_NEED_VERIFY
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException.YCON TACT_NEED_VERIFY(OfflineServiceException.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:67)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:60)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:317)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:478)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:406)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:279)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

JJasperson is offline Starter Member

I am having the exact same problem. Started on 3/21. Noticed my laptop with Zimbra desktop would not sync with my Yahoo accounts. I have 3 of them. One is actually a SBC account. So I deleted my Yahoo accounts and did the Oauth again. That fixed the problem on my laptop but it screwed up my desktop computer. I deleted all my Yahoo accounts including the SBC one. The SBC one is working fine. I just tried to add back one of my Yahoo accounts and it comes back with synch error after redoing the Oauth process.

mattohare is offline Starter Member

I'm getting this too:
    Please finish Yahoo! OAuth process at account setup page.

Exception:

com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException: must grant access to yahoo contact API
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-mattohare@yahoo.com:1395703205930:d8545f7f5f167bf5
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException.YCON TACT_NEED_VERIFY(OfflineServiceException.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:67)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:317)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:406)

I've tried deleting and re-adding the account, and it still will not work with the new OAuth. Is it possible this will be fixed soon?

myeurop is offline Member

Hi, same problem here. I deleted my yahoo acct and re-added it. after sync the red X showed up again. (Please finish Yahoo! OAuth process at account setup page.) I also noticed that my contacts were not uploaded.

Exception:

ExceptionId:sync-mbox-*****@yahoo.com:1396184475853:ba2a2a24a432dd0d

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.
    Last edited by myeurop; 03-30-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Sukrity Ranjann Chakma is offline Starter Member

[U][B][COLOR=#ff0000]How to solve it, anyone please help?

Exception:

ExceptionId:sync-mbox-pdchtrdp2@yahoo.com:1396522158574:42e67eefd1c8ccdf

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.
    Last edited by phoenix; 04-03-2014 at 04:07 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sukrity Ranjann Chakma View Post
    I DON'T KNOW "What the ***** is this"? How to solve it, anyone please help?
    Do not post comments like this in these forums, it doesn't need to be in red and it doesn't need to be in capitals as that's considered shouting, do not do it again modify your language in future. You could also have found the answer to this question by first searching the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukrity Ranjann Chakma View Post
    This error tells you what to do, go to your Yahoo! account and get the code that's necessary for Zimbra Desktop to access your account - this is nothing to do with Zimbra it's a security measure in Yahoo!.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

missmokie is offline Starter Member

After the initial set up, there is no where to do the authorization again. And yes, I HAD searched and not found answers.

I've given up on Zimbra for now. I uninstalled and reinstalled over and over, both computers, and it wouldn't keep the authorization, wouldn't sync contacts, and then wouldn't work for email (wasn't sending or getting). Really sad about this as I really loved when it worked.

Mark Burnham is offline New Member

I am having the same problem. For now I am only trying to use it every other day.

Mark

scsever is offline Starter Member

I'm still experiencing this issue, since March 19.
    I've deleted my Yahoo account in Zimbra Desktop and created a new account and then completed the authorization, I've done this at least three times in the past few weeks. I've also deleted my Yahoo account in Zimbra Desktop then gone to my web account at Yahoo and removed my Zimbra account permissions and then created a new Yahoo account in Zimbra, completed the authorization and still won't sync. I get mail but can't send, also my Yahoo account fails to sync and has the red X.
    Any other ideas?

Sean O is offline Starter Member

Same problem for me. Will receive messages only if there is no message in outbox waiting to leave. Makes it challenging to stay with Zimbra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information