Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Issue with mail sending and receiving undelivered mail returned to sender

  1. #1
    jay1987 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Issue with mail sending and receiving undelivered mail returned to sender

    Hi there,

    We are a small resort in Phuket, and we went on the advice of our vender over to Zimbra, and since being set up we have had nothing but problems,

    zimbra 8.0.4_GA_5737

    Everytime a mail is sent out of the Network (....@infiniteluxury.com - to - un-@infiniteluxury.com) the mail returns with the same error "undelivered mail returned to sender",

    Yet when sent from ...@infiniteluxury.con - to- ...@infiniteluxury.com there is no errors.

    What could be causing this issue and how can we fix?

    ERROR




    -----Original Message-----
    From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@mail.infiniteluxury.com]
    Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:38 AM
    To: stephane@infiniteluxury.com
    Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

    This is the mail system at host mail.infiniteluxury.com.

    I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to
    one or more recipients. It's attached below.

    For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

    If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own
    text from the attached returned message.

    The mail system

    <stephane@katarocks.com>: katarocks.com
    Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.infiniteluxury.com
    X-Postfix-Queue-ID: A0CCB6C80055
    X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; stephane@infiniteluxury.com
    Arrival-Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:38:03 +0700 (ICT)

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; stephane@katarocks.com
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;stephane@katarocks.com
    Action: failed
    Status: 5.0.0
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; katarocks.com

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,585
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1987 View Post
    We are a small resort in Phuket, and we went on the advice of our vender over to Zimbra, and since being set up we have had nothing but problems,
    This is likely to be configuration problems when the server was set-up, who set-up this server?

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1987 View Post
    zimbra 8.0.4_GA_5737
    You need to update your server immediately because of this: Critical Security Vulnerability Addressed in 7.2.6/8.0.6 Maintenance Releases

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1987 View Post
    Everytime a mail is sent out of the Network (....@infiniteluxury.com - to - un-@infiniteluxury.com) the mail returns with the same error "undelivered mail returned to sender",
    This doesn't make sense, these emails are in the same domain - this doesn't appear to be going 'out of the network'.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1987 View Post
    Yet when sent from ...@infiniteluxury.con - to- ...@infiniteluxury.com there is no errors.
    This doesn't tell us anything and they are also in the same domain (I assume the highlighted text is a typing error?) and are therefore on your Zimbra server.

    As far as I can tell, your external DNS records do not have a valid A records. Is your server behind a NAT router (or firewall) or directly connected to the internet? Go to the Split DNS wiki article and on your Zimbra server run all the commands in the 'Verify....' section and post the output here. You should enclose the output of each command in CODE tags to make it easier to read.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    jay1987 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    This is likely to be configuration problems when the server was set-up, who set-up this server?

    You need to update your server immediately because of this: Critical Security Vulnerability Addressed in 7.2.6/8.0.6 Maintenance Releases

    Hi there Bill, thanks for getting back to me, it was originally set up by a company that suggested Zimbra, but was untrained in it - it turns out since, so when you say it needs to re-configured, where exactly do you mean and what part? if you wouldnt mind.

    This doesn't make sense, these emails are in the same domain - this doesn't appear to be going 'out of the network'.

    When sending emails to ...@katarocks.com *GOOLGE APPS ACCOUNT* sorry it doesnt work, but when sending to ....@me.com it works, also when sending to internal ...@infiniteluxury.com it works fine also....

    This doesn't tell us anything and they are also in the same domain (I assume the highlighted text is a typing error?) and are therefore on your Zimbra server.

    Yes sorry on the same server, *but* it works fine with other email accounts such as .me etc.... *@KATAROCKS.com* brings straight undelivered error...

    As far as I can tell, your external DNS records do not have a valid A records. Is your server behind a NAT router (or firewall) or directly connected to the internet? Go to the Split DNS wiki article and on your Zimbra server run all the commands in the 'Verify....' section and post the output here. You should enclose the output of each command in CODE tags to make it easier to read.
    The server is behind a firewall, but then connected to the internet - shall run these tests now,....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    By Melpel in forum Users
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 12:40 AM
  2. Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    By Melpel in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
  3. Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    By Frank Liu in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM
  4. Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    By tabster in forum Administrators
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 03:30 AM
  5. Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
    By reza225 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •