Thread: Delete my Account from Zimbra server

Jim3614 is offline New Member

Post Delete my Account from Zimbra server

HELP! Looking for information on How to delete a new account from the Zimbra server. I used Zimbra as a companion product with Backup4All to backup my Yahoo Mail. I didnt like the backup results and would like roll everything back. I have decided not to use Zimbra and would like to remove all information from the Zimbra Server. All help is appreciated.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3614 View Post
    HELP! Looking for information on How to delete a new account from the Zimbra server. I used Zimbra as a companion product with Backup4All to backup my Yahoo Mail. I didnt like the backup results and would like roll everything back. I have decided not to use Zimbra and would like to remove all information from the Zimbra Server. All help is appreciated.
    I don't really understand what you're asking here, you've posted this in the Zimbra Desktop forum but you're asking a question about the Zimbra 'server' - they are two different products. If you're using Zimbra Desktop and you want to remove it then just uninstall it and remove and file left in the install directory and it's gone. If you're talking about mail on a Zimbra Server then you need to contact the Administrator of that serevr and ask them to remove the account.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Bill, thanks for the reply. Having no knowledge or experience with Zimbra except downloading and installing the Desktop Client, I thought the I read a copy of all my current and future Yahoo emails would be stored on a Zimbra server. If that is indeed the case, then I would to disable that copy process when I uninstall the Desktop. I did not recall requesting any particular Zimbra server as part of the Desktop install, so I don't know where to request my Account be removed from. Information on how to contact an Administrator would be very helpful. Thanks again.

Bill, thanks for the reply. Having no knowledge or experience with Zimbra except downloading and installing the Desktop Client, I thought the I read a copy of all my current and future Yahoo emails would be stored on a Zimbra server. If that is indeed the case, then I would to disable that copy process when I uninstall the Desktop. I did not recall requesting any particular Zimbra server as part of the Desktop install, so I don't know where to request my Account be removed from. Information on how to contact an Administrator would be very helpful. Thanks again.
    If all you have is Zimbra Desktop then (a copy) all your mail is on your local PC, there is no Zimbra server involved - the files are all local to you. ZD is an offline client that allows you to download a copy of the email for reading on your PC and if there no internet connection it allows you to work on them and send mail when you're back online. All you need to do is uninstall Zimbra Desktop and it should remove all the program and data files, I'm assuming you have Windows? You'll find details of the file location in the ZD section of the Zimbra Wiki and you can check the file locations mentioned in the FAQ to confirm everything has been removed.

If you were using ZD to backup your mail then you do know there's a backup facility with ZD itself, don't you?
    Regards

Bill

Bill, Thanks again for all the information. I now have a general understanding of the architecture of Zimbra Desktop. Since there is no Zimbra Server involved and all my emails are local, it fulfills my initial objective which was to get a copy of all my emails local so I could delete the read ones from Yahoo Mail, but still have a copy locally if I needed it later. I was attempting to backup Yahoo Mail with Zimbra and Backup4All to accomplish that. Thanks to the new information, I'm going to keep Zimbra install and use it.

Your assistance has been very valuable.

Your assistance has been very valuable.
    I'm glad to help.

Although the mail is local to you I would strongly recommend you look at the backup function in ZD, it will export the mail (on a schedule if necessary) and keep it separate from the software and the mail within Zimbra Desktop - you might like to store it somewhere else as good backup practice.

I'm sure you've seen the download page but if you scroll down you'll see the End-user Guide, it should answer any further questions you may have or you can always post here.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information