Thread: Import of exported local folders to the Zimbra Desktop issue

inferno is offline New Member

Default Import of exported local folders to the Zimbra Desktop issue

Dear friends!

I have an issue with import of local folders. The exported *.tgz file size is over 10GB. I tried to import it back to the Zimbra Desktop after OS reinstall but faced the problem. Zimbra Desktop shows notification: "Import started" but nothing happens. I guess it might be related with huge size of the backup file *.tgz but I am not sure. I tried to do the import on Linux, Windows but the same result - nothing happens.

Please kindly help me to add these folders back to the Zimbra Desktop... I have no idea how can I do this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.”

Albert Einstein.

prashant is offline Zimbra Employee

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Dear friends!

I have an issue with import of local folders. The exported *.tgz file size is over 10GB. I tried to import it back to the Zimbra Desktop after OS reinstall but faced the problem. Zimbra Desktop shows notification: "Import started" but nothing happens. I guess it might be related with huge size of the backup file *.tgz but I am not sure. I tried to do the import on Linux, Windows but the same result - nothing happens.

Please kindly help me to add these folders back to the Zimbra Desktop... I have no idea how can I do this.
    Please elaborate in details about what you trying to achieve and Zimbra Desktop version?
    ~=Prashant=~

Quote Originally Posted by prashant View Post
    Please elaborate in details about what you trying to achieve and Zimbra Desktop version?
    Good day Prashant,

Thank you for your concern!

Details:

Zimbra Desktop version: 7.2.2 GA Build 11951

Before Reinstalling OS (windows xp) I did the export of the local folders. I got the file with a size over 10GB (local_folders.tgz). Then I reinstalled the OS and tried to import this local folders' backup (local_folders.tgz). Unfortunatelly Zimbra Desktop doesn't add local folders from this file. Just shows "Import Started" and nothing more.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.”

Albert Einstein.

Hi Guys!

Is anybody here who can help to resolve this issue?

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Albert Einstein.

sirio81 is offline Active Member

Hi, I can tell you I noticed the same problem.
    When the archive is over 4G (but probably just over 2G), import fail.

I have more to say about:
    I imported several mail archive to local mail in zimbra desktop.
    Then I imported a big one that failed (no error are shown, simply nothing get imported).
    After that, clicking on an already imported mail, the content is NOT shown!
    So it's like I lost all imported mail.

I'm also running 7.2.2 GA on top of windows 7.

jltello is offline Starter Member

Hello everybody, I´ve just open a case with zimbra support with this same issue, they told me that this is a bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=73589, and we have to wait until it be fixed, does anybody know some workarround? because I have to recover the messages in the export, vote for this bug so it raises and be fixed asap.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jltello View Post
    Hello everybody, I´ve just open a case with zimbra support with this same issue, they told me that this is a bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=73589, and we have to wait until it be fixed, does anybody know some workarround? because I have to recover the messages in the export, vote for this bug so it raises and be fixed asap.
    You've not mentioned which version of ZD is in use but.... did you read comment #20 on the bug report? FWIW, I don't expect any further bugs to be fixed in ZD (I could be wrong on this) as it's EOL in anticipation of the replacement due in the next major ZCS version.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jltello is offline Starter Member

Hi Phoenix, I tried with ZD 7.2.1 and 7.2.2, with os win7 and 8. About the comment #20, I see, so the only way to restore these mesagess is to restore the export to the server and download them again to another client like outlook, we have to download the mesages because we are running out of space in the server, but, what´s going to happen with messages in local folders?? will these messages be restored too in folders in zimbra web client??

Thanks for your help.

Thread Information