Thread: how to set a default browser on Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2

adesteele is offline Member

Default how to set a default browser on Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2

Hi

I have recently uninstalled chromium and replaced it with chrome s my sole browser, and now I can not open links in the browser from emails in Zimbra DEsktop. I have found the "applications preference" section in the bottom right hand side in the gear icon but it wont let me do anything. The OS is Ubuntu 13.04.

I have reviewed the forms and install manuals to no avail.

How do I set the default browser in Zimbra Desktop please? It is set correctly already in the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by adesteele View Post
    Hi

I have recently uninstalled chromium and replaced it with chrome s my sole browser, and now I can not open links in the browser from emails in Zimbra DEsktop. I have found the "applications preference" section in the bottom right hand side in the gear icon but it wont let me do anything. The OS is Ubuntu 13.04.

I have reviewed the forms and install manuals to no avail.

How do I set the default browser in Zimbra Desktop please? It is set correctly already in the OS.
    can anyone help with this please? 1000+ views and no ideas yet, help much appreciated.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

can anyone help with this please? 1000+ views and no ideas yet, help much appreciated.
    I wouldn't get too excited about the 1000+ views, they're mostly spammers. Here's a question for you (and a clue to the answer), how do you set the default browser in your operating system? There should be no problems using any browser as the default (and all the browser's default filetypes).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill
    The default browser is correctly set in the OS as chrome. However, when I click on a link the webpage opens in a zimbra desktop window and not in the browser as a new tab as it has done for years. I have double checked this. Where do I find the setting via GUI or command line to set this correctly please? Advice appreciated.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited about the 1000+ views, they're mostly spammers. Here's a question for you (and a clue to the answer), how do you set the default browser in your operating system? There should be no problems using any browser as the default (and all the browser's default filetypes).
    Hi Bill
    The default browser is correctly set in the OS as chrome. However, when I click on a link the webpage opens in a zimbra desktop window and not in the browser as a new tab as it has done for years. I have double checked this. Where do I find the setting via GUI or command line to set this correctly please? Advice appreciated.
    The clue was in the second part of my reply (highlighted above), are all the default filetypes set to open in your browser - this is a question about your browser & operating system not ZD. I don't use chrome nor Ubuntu so I can't tell you how to do it in those products but in Windows & openSUSE if I change the default browser then clicking on a web page link in ZD opens the correct browser.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill

copying from ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

[Default Applications]
    text/html=google-chrome.desktop
    x-scheme-handler/http=google-chrome.desktop
    x-scheme-handler/https=google-chrome.desktop
    x-scheme-handler/about=google-chrome.desktop
    x-scheme-handler/unknown=google-chrome.desktop

It seems to be correct to me. Why do you say its not an issue with ZD please? Is there a way to more links to open in a new tab in the default browser?

Thread Information