Thread: Can't Sync Yahoo Contacts, get oauth message

firefox_97 is offline Beginner Member

Default Can't Sync Yahoo Contacts, get oauth message

I can not get my yahoo contacts to show up in Zimbra
    I have tried to remove and re-add the yahoo account multiple times (painful because my mailbox is 1.2gb)
    I do get a Oauth request for the mail side, and paste the key into zimbra, and mail seems to sync.
    However I have 0 contacts.
    I just moved to a completely new windows account, and setup Zimbra from scratch. I did try to first sync with only mail, and then see if adding the contacts later would help. After deleting my yahoo account, it didn't seem to prompt me for the oauth when syncing my mail, but did sync, then when I added the contacts afterward it asked for another oauth, so I thought I might be good. But after the sync finally finished, no contacts.
    All of my contacts are through yahoo mail, so Zimbra is useless if I don't have my yahoo contacts.

Thanks,
    Nathan

Debug message: must grant access to yahoo contact API

Exception:

com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException: must grant access to yahoo contact API
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-nathan_jamie@yahoo.com:1370270773379:9b5f409066dce 413
    Codeffline.YCONTACT_NEED_VERIFY
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException.YCON TACT_NEED_VERIFY(OfflineServiceException.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:67)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:60)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:317)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:478)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:406)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:279)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.

Splish is offline Starter Member

Well, I have a similar problem - the calendar doesn't sync and I get an OAuth request. I have Zimbra Desktop installed on two computers - one with Windows Vista, the other with Ubuntu 12.04. I used to be able to synchronise both with my Yahoo account now it fails in both. Here is the info I get from my Ubuntu version:
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException: must grant access to yahoo contact API
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-email adress:1386103148591:65e6e0ecc05a9fbe
    Codeffline.YCONTACT_NEED_VERIFY
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineServiceException.YCON TACT_NEED_VERIFY(OfflineServiceException.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.ab.yc.YContactImport.importD ata(YContactImport.java:67)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:100)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:60)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:317)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:439)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:478)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:406)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:279)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Could anyone tell me please what to do with it?

Splish is offline Starter Member

Someone has written that updating Java version helped him to solve simmilar problem. Well in my case it failed - I have the most up to date Java Runtime Environment on both computers and still no synchronisation

Thread Information