Thread: Migrating from Sky webmail to Zimbra

jakewc2 is offline Starter Member

Unhappy Migrating from Sky webmail to Zimbra

I think I have this in the correct forum, In April sky are going over from gmail to Yahoo collecting thir e-mails. A copy of the e-mail is supposed to be kept on the webmail service online. I installed Zimbra desktop and have managed to work out how to collect my sky e-mails to Zimbra. Problem is, even though I have it set to keep e-mails on the server, when I am clicking send and receive the collected to Zimbra are then deleted off the webmail, which is the server......how can I stop that.

Plus how can I collect more e-mails than just 10 or so each time I click send/receive......I have 45,000 e-mails on the server, or at least I did until I discovered the deletions.......and collecting 10,000 took all day yesterday......

Thank you for your help

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jakewc2 View Post
    I think I have this in the correct forum,
    No I'm afraid it isn't, it belongs in the Zimbra Desktop forums and I'll move it there.

In April sky are going over from gmail to Yahoo collecting thir e-mails. A copy of the e-mail is supposed to be kept on the webmail service online. I installed Zimbra desktop and have managed to work out how to collect my sky e-mails to Zimbra. Problem is, even though I have it set to keep e-mails on the server, when I am clicking send and receive the collected to Zimbra are then deleted off the webmail, which is the server......how can I stop that.
    You don't say which protocol you're using, if it's IMAP the ZD will leave the mail on the server if it's a POP3 connection you have the option to leave the mail on the server or remove it.

Plus how can I collect more e-mails than just 10 or so each time I click send/receive......I have 45,000 e-mails on the server, or at least I did until I discovered the deletions.......and collecting 10,000 took all day yesterday......
    Zimbra Desktop is an offline client and it synchronises automatically (on a schedule, which you can change, if it's not a ZCS server) with the remote server when it's online, it will also automatically download all the email on first sync.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information