Thread: Contacts disappear (Zimbra loses focus)

Sympleday is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Contacts disappear (Zimbra loses focus)

Zimbra Desktop on Mac v 7.2.1 GA (build 11637)

I have two Zimbra email accounts and with it of course are two Address Books, two Calendars, etc... As I work during the day and go back and forth between email, address book and calendar; periodically when I go back to contacts, Zimbra seems to lose focus and show no contacts and I have to click on the correct "Contacts" where I store all of my contacts. Not sure if this is because I have two Zimbra accounts configured and no one discovered it yet? Or because it's the second Zimbra account in the order. I have not tried just installing one zimbra email account to see what happens as I work. Happening to anyone else?

Sympleday is offline Junior Member

One more thing. If you notice, the Calendar has a check box which should be applied to the Address Book, tasks, etc..

rwade12 is offline Junior Member

Just so you know you aren't alone . . . I've imported two Gmail accounts, and when I click on the Address tab, all it shows are Local Folders (and clicking on the address book there shows an empty book). If I open an email window (to send an email) the To: box is grayed out. I've been in the settings multiple times to check that the "Always use this account in autocomplete" box is checked, and it is.

This is a significant bug.

rwade12 is offline Junior Member

Brief P.S. I went to the Setup dialog, clicked on Edit under the account from which I imported addresses, saw the box to sync was still checked, and saved it again. Then I edited the other account to sync addresses and exited the setup dialog. Then the address books of both Gmail accounts showed! Since they are duplicates (in Gmail I imported from one to the other), I went back and unchecked the sync box for one account and went back to the main window. Now my Gmail address book shows along with the one in the Local folders.

So maybe I just had to wake it up by opening the setup dialog box and clicking save. Who knows. Next time I'll try just that without adding the other address book and see if that's the nudge it needs.

Thread Information