Thread: Feature Setup

nyrainman is offline Junior Member

Default Feature Setup

Zimbra installed and imported contacts and calendar events effortless. Works fine except there are some features I cannot find to work. If someone can guide me on getting these to work or if they even exist I would appreciate it.

1) User guide states you can drag and drop events in the calendar from one day to another but that doesn't seem to work. Can this be done?

2) Although you can show all emails in a central inbox there doesn't seem to show only the unread messages (similar to Thunderbird's unified setting). Is there a way to do this?

3) Also, there doesn't seem a way to add recipient in the header listing in the list of emails. There's a from, subject, size, date, etc. but no recipient. That for me is important as it helps with filtering out spam. Can this be accomplished?

Thank you . . .
    Last edited by nyrainman; 10-25-2012 at 05:23 PM.

moren is offline Trained Alumni

1 is working for us and have worked for many years. Maybe you are using an "odd" web browser?

2 You can change "Preferences -> Mail -> "Default Mail Search:" to "in:inbox is:unread".

3 I do not really understand this, but you can "hoover" over the senders name and see the email address. Maybe not what your was asking for but anyway...

Regards
    moren

Thank you for your quick response . . .

1) May have been a bad install or maybe I needed to reboot the computer but the drag and drop wasn't working. I will have to give it another try. Not sure what the browser has to do with it as Zimbra seems to operate on it's own. In any case, I do use Chrome.

2) I will give it a try. Thunderbird has an automatic feature with a one button click that hides read messages without doing a search. I was hoping for the same thing with Zimbra.

3) Yes I seen that but was hoping that it would have been one of the choices in the email listing header. Usually you can choose something like:
    FROM | RECIPIENT | SUBJECT | DATE | ETC. as headers.
    It gave me everything I needed but the recipient. At least I do have the option you mentioned.

Zimbra is super easy to create new email accounts and everything is right there for you. Seems to do everything Thunderbird does plus more. I like Thunderbird but it has glitches when opening it and is a little more difficult creating email accounts so I was looking for another app and Zimbra topped the list of apps to try with all the research I did.

Thank you for your help and suggestions . . .

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by nyrainman View Post
    Zimbra is super easy to create new email accounts and everything is right there for you.
    Are you talking about Zimbra Desktop? If you are you've posted in the wrong forum (hence the earlier question about the browser), you've posted this in the Zimbra Collaboration Suite/Administrators forum - I'll move it to the correct forum.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes, referring to Zimbra Desktop. Sorry if posted in wrong forum - hopefully it is now moved - Thank you.

One other question I have is that I created my IMAP accounts but instead of them showing as they do in my webmail or when using Thunderbird, the folders show as follows:

Index (synced emails from server show here)
    - drafts
    - junk
    - sent (synced emails from server show here)
    - trash
    Sent (newly sent emails from Zimbra show here - these do not sync with server)
    Drafts
    Junk
    Outbox
    Trash

The inbox shows inbox mail and the -sent sub-folder show sent mail but these sub-folders are not suppose to be there nor show mail. The second set of folders are suppose to be there only. All these show as folders under the Index box in all apps but seem to duplicate in Zimbra.

NOTE: I sent an email from one account to the other in Zimbra as a test and the email copied into the second Sent folder but did not show in any sent folder in other apps. The only thing I can think at this point is that the first set of folders/sub-folders on top are synced with the server and the second set of folders, what I call the duplicate folders may very well be Local Folders for each account.

If that be the case, how can I or can they be eliminated?

I tried the reset option but same thing. Please advise - Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nyrainman; 10-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.

In continuation from my previous post I still cannot find why Zimbra is duplicating folders (see attachment). I created a new test account just used in Zimbra to make sure there wasn't any interference from another email app and the same thing, duplicate folders.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information