Thread: Synchronisation of Zimbra Desktop and Zimbra webmail

Jacques is offline Starter Member

Red face Synchronisation of Zimbra Desktop and Zimbra webmail

Hi,

I am using Zimbra Desktop (version 1.9.0.1) as my mail receiver on my desktop at home. When away from home, I use the webmail proposed by my French provider, Zimbra.free.fr. The two are not synchronized, i.e. if I delete some incoming mail on one, it doesn't get deleted on the other. It is a major problem for me since I am frequently away for several weeks and, when I come back, find that the hundreds of mail I have deleted on webmail still appear on my desktop.

Any way I could synchronize the two? If it is not possible with the ZD version I have, would a more recent version allow me to do it?

Thank you for your help!!!

Jacques

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Any way I could synchronize the two?
    They do synchronise (and they did in that version). The whole point of an offline client is to connect to the server and synchronise the contents with whatever the status of your mailbox (on the Zimbra server) is at that time. I use ZD infrequently and when I connect to my Zimbra server and to my ISPs webmail (free.fr, in this case ) they both synchronise correctly and reflect the current status of my mailboxes.

I'd suggest you take a backup of your current ZD folders and upgrade (my recommendation would be to do a clean install of ZD) to the current ZD version and see how you get on with that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Jacques is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    They do synchronise (and they did in that version). The whole point of an offline client is to connect to the server and synchronise the contents with whatever the status of your mailbox (on the Zimbra server) is at that time. I use ZD infrequently and when I connect to my Zimbra server and to my ISPs webmail (free.fr, in this case ) they both synchronise correctly and reflect the current status of my mailboxes.

I'd suggest you take a backup of your current ZD folders and upgrade (my recommendation would be to do a clean install of ZD) to the current ZD version and see how you get on with that.
    Thank you, Bill! I followed your suggestion and installed ZD 7. It helped... up to a point. Now ZD and my Zimbra webmail do appear to synchronise but I cannot see in my webmail inbox all the mail that have been previously downloaded to my ZD, eventhough there are still on the server of my ISP. Also, I don't seem to be able to synchronise my calendars in ZD and webmail.

Any suggestion?

Thank you again,

Jacques

Thread Information