Thread: Zimbra Desktop will not open, unresponsive script, etc

jbillings00 is offline Junior Member

Post Zimbra Desktop will not open, unresponsive script, etc

I can install and run ZD 7.1.4 on Mac OS X client one time and it opens fine. If I reboot the workstation and open ZD I get a blank white window with a spinning red circling "clock face" and eventually the error message that says:

Warning: Unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: file:///Applications/Zimbra%20Desktop/macos/prism/Prism.app/Contents/Resources/components/ForceOnline.js:180

I have searched everywhere and cannot seem to find a resolution.

These are all Mac OS X 10.6.8 client workstations and Network user logins using Mac Open Directory from a Mac Server also running 10.6.8. We are still having problems using Zimbra Desktop on these workstations. Error messaged usually indicate "unresponsive script" or "Couldn't access Zimbra Desktop Server. If issue persists after re-install, please check logs for errors and report to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-desktop."

A little more info.... Seems that when the user logs in the plist "/Users/USERNAME/Library/LaunchAgents/com.zimbra.desktop.plist" is not running. If I show what is running with "launchctl list" it does not show "com.zimbra.desktop" as a running process and Zimbra Desktop when launched just shows a blank page and the previous listed error messages. If I manually run the plist from a terminal with "launchctl load /Users/USERNAME/Library/LaunchAgents/com.zimbra.desktop.plist" then "launchctl list" shows the process running and Zimbra Desktop will launch as expected. What could be causing the plist to not be started on user login, but the plist can be manually started and then Zimbra Desktop can be launched successively?

Solved, permissions on the LaunchAgents folder was incorrectly set. set it with "chmod 755 /Users/USERNAME/Library/LaunchAgents" and all is good now. Zimbra Desktop launched correctly after reboots now.

Thread Information