This is a repost of my question back in Jan 2012 that I posted on the original thread here but I understand that thread was marked "Solved" therefore perhaps nobody is paying attention to it now (?).

Well, I have sort of a similar issue. Ever since I had upgraded to ZD 7.1.2 and now to the very latest 7.1.4 GA (build 11299) for 32-bit linux (I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit), the URL's whenever I click on it does not get passed properly to my web browsers. For example, if the url in the body of an email in ZD shows:

www.zimbra.com/forums

I click that URL and it opens my browser (either Chrome or Firefox) but the link being passed to the browser is the following link:

www.%u.com

Therefore the link does not load properly.

I scoured the almighty google but could not find any meaningful clues to my issue. It is not an Ubuntu default browser issue because I had already tried it and the URL's do not load properly in either browser (Firefox or Chrome). The www.%u.com URL is always being passed somehow!

The issue is isolated to ZD only (I think) because when I created a new LibreOffice document and typed "www.zimbra.com", Firefox (and Chrome) opened and loaded the link properly!