Thread: Is there anybody around from Zimbra People to answer questions ?

kermitthefrog is offline Active Member

Default Is there anybody around from Zimbra People to answer questions ?

I notice a month now I am dealing with Zimbra ZD and its problems and i realize that people post questions in this forum and nobody answers.
    It's at least rude not even answer to somebody's question even if the answer is 'YES THERE IS A PROBLEM AND IT WILL BE FIXED IN THE NEXT VERSION OR IT WILL NEVER BE FIXED'.

lockhartt is offline New Member

Default Definitely gotten quiet out there...

I'm hoping it's just that everyone is pressing hard to get Zimbra 8.0 done, but it's a bit discouraging that all interaction with the Zimbra community seems to have broken off as of December.

I also see that future iterations of 7.1 have been removed from pm.zimbra.com.

With no communication and no roadmap, there's some serious cause for concern here.

I'd hoped that Zimbra had found a more permanent home a vmware, after a strange and frightening time while at Yahoo... but it feels like the roller coaster may not have stopped yet.

Hello... Is there anybody in there?

medicaldiamonds is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartt View Post
    I'm hoping it's just that everyone is pressing hard to get Zimbra 8.0 done, but it's a bit discouraging that all interaction with the Zimbra community seems to have broken off as of December.

I also see that future iterations of 7.1 have been removed from pm.zimbra.com.

With no communication and no roadmap, there's some serious cause for concern here.

I'd hoped that Zimbra had found a more permanent home a vmware, after a strange and frightening time while at Yahoo... but it feels like the roller coaster may not have stopped yet.

Hello... Is there anybody in there?
    OUCH, I hope this is not the case. Perhaps now is the time to start thinking ZD to XXX email migration

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by medicaldiamonds View Post
    OUCH, I hope this is not the case.
    No that's not the case, it's the usual FUD.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

medicaldiamonds is offline Active Member

whats a FUD?
    -----------
    was: ZD 7.1.2 Build 10978 on Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit
    then upgraded to: 7.1.4 Build 11273 on Ubuntu 11.10 (03/19/2012)
    then upgraded to: 7.1.4 GA Build 11299 on Ubuntu 11.10 (04/16/2012)
    Now officially migrated from ZD 7.1.4 GA Build 11299 to Thunderbird 11.0.1

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

FUD = Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

It just means it's a rumor designed to make people lose confidence in something.

However, I do notice that the forums are more of a community-supported, rather than company-supported help system. So, those of us who have more experience working around Zimbra Desktop's deficiencies are here to help when we have time.

To the original poster: If you have a problem post the problem. We may be able to help.

lockhartt is offline New Member

Default Rumor?

I don't think that statements of concern with a list of valid reasons constitutes rumor - though definitely represents some fear, uncertainty, and doubt :/

It's a bit hard when you're used to an open community where you can submit and track issues, and keep an eye on the roadmap for long-range planning... then suddenly it all goes away without warning.

Tried to get access to the "new" support channels by providing vmware sales with our license info (200 seats), but no go. Not even the courtesy of a response.

Even our our VAR/hosting partner seems to feel largely in the dark these days.

The good news (?), is that it just seems to be a matter of a new culture that is - at least for now - not interested in the benefits of relative transparency.

I think I'm entitled to feel a bit on the FUDdy side, and I know I'm not alone.

So, if anybody is listening... fix it. The product is great, but great products are not immune to bad decision making.

Todd Lockhart
    Director, IS/EPS
    Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc.
    856-256-2353

Thread Information