Thread: Zimbra won't start

fashionbloomusa is offline Starter Member

Default Zimbra won't start

Using 7.1.2 on vista. I've been using Zimbra Desktop for over a year on this computer, and now all of a sudden it won't start. I don't get an error message or anything. When I try to start the program, nothing happens at all. It's like I never pressed any buttons to start it.

Edit: After reinstalling, I leave the box checked for "start Zimbra Desktop", then click finish. The following error shows up:

Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs".
    Last edited by fashionbloomusa; 01-26-2012 at 10:37 AM.

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

Have you tried right mouse clicking on the installation file and choosing Run as Administrator? Also, is this Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

fashionbloomusa is offline Starter Member

thanks for your reply. I'm running vista 32-bit.

I can run the installation file just fine. I just can't run the program file. I tried double clicking the desktop shortcut, clicking the quick launch button, going into program files > zimbra desktop > double click. All nothing. I tried running as administrator too. Nothing happens.

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

I understand that you installed it ok, but did you run the installer with the Run as Administrator option? It does make a difference. You don't need to run Zimbra Desktop itself with that option. You could also try turning off UAC before running the installation and see if that makes a difference.

Lastly, do you know if that VB Script "zdrun.vbs" exists on your computer? Can you run it manually? If not, then you probably need to enable the Microsoft scripting engine. See this link for instructions: How to Enable Windows Script Host | eHow.com.

It's also possible that there is something corrupted in the scripting engine itself. A repair of Vista or a System Restore may rectify that. It could also be that the Path Environment variable doesn't include the C:\Windows\System32 folder which is where the cscript executable is located, which is what runs vbs files.

Thread Information