Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: calendar: birthday notification?

IamArarat is offline Member

Default calendar: birthday notification?

Hello.

I just installed ZIMBRA on to my Win7.

Then I entered a birthday 3 days ahead with a daily notification......but nothing happened.

Is Zimbra's calendar good to do simple reminders?
    How ist the procedure to be notified of a meeting or a birthday?

Thank you

kermitthefrog is offline Active Member

Calendar unfortunately in the latest version, doesn't work at all ! Not only for birthdays but for all type of calendar entries ! Several people have posted this problem in this forum but nobody from Zimbra answers !

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kermitthefrog View Post
    Calendar unfortunately in the latest version, doesn't work at all
    Yes it does, I have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kermitthefrog View Post
    Several people have posted this problem in this forum but nobody from Zimbra answers !
    Answered in your other thread.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

IamArarat is offline Member

Thank you, kermitthefrog, for your reply.

Guess I will leave ZIMBRA.

A stupid comment like
    'yes, it does' (instead of helping)
    from moderator PHOENIX
    seems to be typical for the behavior here.

Oh ! Come on Phoenix ! You know that calendar doesn't work. There are so many posts in this forum for this issue and there is no answer ! All of us we create an entry in the calendar and after that it is not there !

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

The current "solution" is to use Zimbra Desktop 7.1.1 if you want to use the Local calendar. I've found that my Yahoo and Gmail calendars work fine in 7.1.2. So, it's just something that broke with the local calendar. It would be nice to know that this will be fixed in 7.1.3, but I don't think I've seen that stated anywhere in the forum. Does anyone know if there is a bug report for this?

@ken2johnson ..when you say that your Gmail calendar works fine in 7.1.2 , you mean that if you create a calendar entry in Gmail and you have it synchronized with ZD ...yes it works.
    But if you create the entry from ZD then there is a problem , it doesn't appear neither in ZD nor in Gmail. Is this what you mean ?
    Because i tested it both ways and only the first case works.
    So THE CONCLUSION IS :
    A) If somebody wants the calendar working from ZD he must have 7.1.1 version.
    B) If somebody wants to have one of the latest versions 7.1.2 or 7.1.3 beta then he can only have calendar if he has Gmail account synchronized with ZD provided that he crates his calendar entries from GMAIL and not from ZD.

ken2johnson is offline Active Member

Actually, I can create an appointment in ZD and it does show up in my Google calendar just fine. Also, if I remove it from ZD it does remove it from my Google Calendar. Adding and removing an entry from my Google calendar in a web browser or other device does remove it from my ZD Calendar. So, the sync is working. The same is true for my Yahoo Calendar with creating and deleting. So, 7.1.1 is really the best version if you want to use the local calendar in ZD. Unfortunately, I needed to move to 7.1.2 due to the issues with Yahoo sync in previous versions. So, moving back is not an option for me. Since I have the Google and Yahoo Calendars I do not have a need for the local one. I'm really hoping that the Calendar issues are all worked out in 7.1.3 so no one has to choose between a rock and a hard place.

I noticed that if i enter a calendar entry in ZD selecting the Gmail account the calendar entry is displayed in ZD, but if I select the local folder instead it doesn't appear. So the final conclusion about this calendar issue is that >> IF WE HAVE A GMAIL ACCOUNT SYNCHRONIZED WITH ZD , CALENDAR WORKS SYNCHRONIZED WITH ZD. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GMAIL ACCOUNT OR YOU USE LOCAL FOLDER INSTEAD... IT DOESN'T WORK.
    Can anybody confirm this problem issue, at least to focus where is the problem.
    THE SAME PROBLEM EXISTS WITH ADDRESS BOOKS. IF WE HAVE GMAIL ACCOUNT THEN WE CAN HAVE AN ADDRESS BOOK IN ZD , OTHERWISE I HAVEN'T MANAGED SO FAR TO HAVE ADDDRESS BOOK WITHOUT GMAIL.
    ARE ALL THESE CONCLUSIONS TRUE ? CAN ANYBODY ANSWER US ? WE FIND THE PROBLEMS, WE FIND THE CIRCUMSTANCES THE PROBLEMS OCCUR, WE FIND THE ANSWERS BUT NOBODY FROM ZIMBRA TALKS !

I noticed also that if you set mail filters, they only work those filters you set to Gmail Account, not to the rest accounts.
    SO MY FINAL CONCLUSION FROM 1 MONTH INVESTIGATION FOR ZD IS >>
    IF IN ZD A) WE HAVE A GMAIL ACCOUNT WITH SYNCHRONIZED
    MAIL AND CALENDAR
    B) WE ARE NOT CONNECTED TO any ZIMBRA SERVER
    C) WE HAVE OTHER MAIL ACCOUNTS (web mails like
    hotmail,domain web mails etc)
    then ZD WORKS fine.
    IF A) IS MISSING then ZD DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information